Thursday, April 19, 2007

SPRING!!!

Well, I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the tookus, but I decided to plant some seeds, in peat pots, to get them ready. I planted cauliflower, and peas, which I have never planted before, so we will have some early 'stuff', if I can keep the bloody slugs out of them... I also planted yellow crookneck squash, (I have poor luck direct planting, so I decided that a head start might help.) I also have tomatoes. I was going to plant pumpkins, but I ran out of peat pots. Guess what I need to get next time I am in town?

I have also been knitting, next time I will hopefully have another pair of socks, real knit-in-the-round, heel-flappy-that-you-have-to-knit-up ones, I like my 2 needle kind, but I want to have some LIGHTER socks, the 2 needle kind are for winter use, I suspect if I felted them, I could probably walk outside (if it was dry), and not be cold! Good sockzes! But not for spring and summer...

Meanwhile, here is pictures that I took of the plants, yesterday. If you can believe it, the peas have almost doubled in size since I took it, and the tomatoes, well, they are getting these little tiny leaves (finally!)...


This is the whole shootin' match that I planted...


This is (an extremely blurry) picture of the califlower plants. They look like little 4 leaf clovers at this stage... If you could see the darn things...



These are the peas, they already are trying to get some leaves growing!

Husband didn't know what he was doing when he doubled the garden size, did he?

No comments: