Here is a project that I have been putting off. It is a carder. Really, it IS supposed to take fiber, and "mix" it for spinning. I checked. The main crank turns. The lesser cranks no. Nor does the belt, what makes the lesser cranks move. (But even with just my hand, no go.)
However, the worst part is this. The teeth are rusted. With wool... Or some fiber, stuck in a permenant strangle hold. I have decided this part isn't worth fixing. I know a shop where I can get replacements. 'Cuz this ain't gonna do poo...
So, having decided that other than lubing, which I can't do, as I am out of WD-40, and I don't feel like trying to take each and every bit apart until I know I can GET parts, I decided to make this little guy. (He actually is little, he is only up to my shoulder.)
I was going to put a light in his head, but found out I made a hybrid, the pumpkin I planted mixed with the crookneck squash. It is big, sort of triangular, and has flesh the WHOLE WAY THROUGH THE SQUASH!!! I wasn't of a mind to dig it all out, so I painted a face on him, and stuck it on. (Thank G*d for Sharpie pens.)
The way he looks makes me think of the opening to 'Laverne and Shirley'.
Ok everybody, "Schlemiel, schlimazel, hasenpfeffer incorporated!"
Either that or the Sound of Music... "The hills are alive..."
Great, now THAT'S going to be stuck in my head all afternoon...