Monday, December 17, 2007

Night owls and gorilla music.

Lessee...

It's 2am. Why am I writing a blog at 2am? Well, I am heavily, highly, EXCRUCIATINGLY awake. My last OBGYN said there is no way I am going through "The Change". Maybe I should call her up RIGHT NOW and discuss the matter. Heh. Oh, well. Guess I am going to have to get used to it. I get up, rather than keeping Husband up, since I get fidgety. He does the same for me. So far, we *usually* are not up at the same time, but who knows...

Still haven't started my friend's story. (Actually there are 2 people that were there, I knew one, and was unfamiliar with the other...)

Hmmm. 2:06, and the oldest rooster is crowing. Guess one of the security lights must have gone on... I laugh about people's ideas on rooster crowing. They ONLY crow in the morning. (No, they pretty much crow any time they feel like it, they just crow MORE in the morning). They only crow with sunlight. (What, they are reverse vampires? They crow when they see light. I have had one or two crow when I come out to check on them with a strong flashlight.)

But I digress. I was reading an article about favorite British commercials for the year. The top one was Cadbury, for a drumming gorilla. It is cool (go to YouTube, type in Cadbury, gorilla, drumming, Phil Collins. You'll find it.) There are several variations, too. The original music is by Phil Collins. It's neat. I cracked up, however, with a different one, that only a sci-fi geek would understand. It was well thought out and video-ed as well, but the music was "Total Eclipse of the Heart". The gorilla is sitting, they are panning about his face, and then I start hearing "Turn around, bright eyes". Uh. snicker.

So, for any that don't know, yes, I am mental, but there is a real reason I am laughing. In the movie "Planet of the Apes", one of the characters is named Bright Eyes. So, my oddball mind had Apedude enjoying a song about relatives, I guess...

Well, hmm. I guess I will attempt to sleep... Again. Or read. But not knit. Why? Wellllll, uh, this time of night, when I do get sleepy again, I drop, klunk. This is hazardous when you have a wad of sharp double pointed needles in your lap. Standard needles aren't much better, as I usually have to find where I dropped them when I dozed off.

So. Night. Or Morning. Whatever...

No comments: