Friday, February 08, 2008

Green Eyes...

Rudee has decided that he is blessed among dogs. Silly thing.

I used to feed him a bit of cat kibble when I would feed the cats in the barn. I didn't give him a lot, (it's not really all that good for dogs, and he scarfs it down so fast he chokes, if I give him more than a bite or two, because it's tiny chunks.)

SO... I ran out of cat food about two weeks ago, and took a bit of dog kibble out with me, so I wouldn't have to make a run into town. (Dog food isn't really all that great for cats, either, but for one or two days, eh.) Rudee saw me take the bag out, SNIFFED the bag, for crying out loud, but gave me sad eyes when I didn't give him the 'cat food'.

Now, I put HIS food in HIS dish... It might be eaten, it might not. But, he seems to equate the metal cat bin with manna from on high. So, I gave him the dog food, just to see what he'd do. He ate it, sucked it down like there was no tomorrow. So, I take his dog food out and feed him a handful or so, and he's tickled pink.

But he ignores the food in his dish.

Go figure.

Oh, and Happy New Year, Gung Hay Fat Choi! (I hope I spelled that right...)

No comments: