Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Decisions...

Well, I have to decide what to do with my spinning equipment. Not the wheel itself, but the basket, supplies, fluff, and what have you around it. It takes up a fair amount of room, and I suppose if I don't want FIL stumbling over it, (he sits there a lot), I suppose I should put it somewhere else. And the dreaded craft room isn't going to be a choice. I think I can fit it in an endtable, if I am careful. It may look like I am storing hamsters, or kittens, or something, but at least it will be out of the way.

The table is CLEAN. Even the little phone table BY the table is CLEAN. Now I just have to clean the Mission bench in the entry way. Mostly just little stuff, except for my "go kit" that I desperately need to clean out and update. (Let's just say, it's a 3 day kit, and right now, I can't even tell you how old the food is in it... NOT good...) That little item might be put off for now. I am tempted to through some water and M&M's in my CERT bag and call it good. Hey, chocolate is food!

The joke above aside, I do have one decision I do need to make. I hadn't tried one of those BMI thingies, that tell you where you are on the fat scale. I am 39. That, for me, is Obese.

This ain't good, in several ways. The foremost is my knees. I can't remember what he said exactly, but Doc told me something to the effect that for every pound overweight I am, that is three pounds extra stress on my knees. And my knees ain't all that great to begin with! Then with family history of fat related crap like heart problems, I am seriously thinking about what's more important. (And, if you believe in that sort of stuff, I am a Leo, which has heart as its focus...) So, decision on importance, me, fat 'n lazy, having problems in the not so distant future, or me, working on being not QUITE so fat 'n lazy, and maybe getting down to a more reasonable stature. Near as I can figure out, I think I need to get down about 90+ pounds. I am trying to figure out how to do this so I don't crash and burn... Yo yo's are for kids, not dieting. Now that the ankle has healed (mostly), I should start walking again. Less packing away of food might help... (I have a real portion control problem. If some is good, too much is really good... Which isn't good.) So, I guess I will have to figure out some way to be more resposible for myself and my lard, um, butt.

But I am still not going to put rice cakes in my Go Kit.

No comments: