Thursday, September 24, 2009

Folke of Faire... The good, the bad, and... You decide.

So, went to faire, and this will be just a quick blog, have some more pix I want to show, but this was a couple of quick humorous shots. This gent was walking around faire in armor, and I kept noticing he had a sign 'round his neck. Finally got close enough to see...


OOOOKAY! HAHAHAHAHA! (Ok, for any non ren rat types, the item he is wearing is chain mail, sometimes spelled maille. Yes, I like puns.)



There is a pub at faire, and there was much watching of folke from that arena. I don't drink, but some of my friends do, so I just tell the bouncer I am the designated driver. We both laugh, and I have some sarsaparilla. Or water. (I joke not, I drank so much I sloshed.) Anyway, I thought he was rather nicely dressed for the warm weather, don't you? Somehow, the zebra seems a strange choice for a pouch, but hey, I wasn't going to argue... Too much fun to watch, heh.


I think this is one of my favorite pictures I took, this is the bouncer/ID check for the pub. She was relaxing in the shade near the end of her shift, and I just caught a quick snap. A nice one, too, if I say so myself.



I will try to have more pictures later, but at least I had some to put up this year. Possibly more of what I was doing, but this at least give a tiny taste of some of the... Diversity? of people there.

Huzzah! And Anon...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks so much for the photos!!! I loved them! Can't wait to see the others.
And between you and me, zebra pouch man can wear whatever color pouch he wants as long he has the rest of the outfit to go with it.