Saturday, February 13, 2010

Neat commercial.

I saw this commercial a few days ago, and wanted to share.  I haven't been able to figure out how to put a video thing on here, so use this link.  I am an avid, avid reader, (Husband bought me bookcases for a birthday present about a year ago, as I couldn't find a bit of floor where I was storing them, if that tells you anything), and so I can relate to this so much, even as an adult. 

There is one quick thing that gives me a chuckle, one of the girls has a book balanced on her head.  I used to do that for the longest time, until about 3rd or 4 grade, when one of the boys would make a point of knocking it down, trying to break my glasses. (Yes, ever since I was fairly small, I was the class 4 eyes.)  That's when I became a backpack believer.  You can convieniently drop your backpack on a foot, or on rare occasion, whack the snot out of a boy with a backpack full of books...  Heh.  That boy didn't seem to want to annoy me so much after that...

Can't imagine why...

And, of course, I could carry more books!

8 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

My kids are readers! They love getting bookstore giftcards! My iTouch has 200 books on it right now! So I guess the nuts didn't fall far from the tree!!! :)

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Cat. It's a great ad! I wish I had gotten into reading when I was a youngster. I feel it's something which has never come naturally to me. My sister was taught to read at 3 yrs old and so it has always been part of her life.

Hope you're having a great day!

Bearfriend xx

John Going Gently said...

funny what we remember isn't it

Cat said...

Ms. Diva:
Ah, yes, we bibliophiles have to stick together! Haven't tried the Kindle (or copies thereof), but certainly have enough books to last me a day or two...

Cat

Cat said...

Bearfriend:

Reading seems to be something you either enjoy or don't. My Husband and I can read by the hour happily. His two brothers, one is a computer nut, but doesn't care to read, the other can watch movies by the carload, but reading the books, only if the mood hits him. Can we say blue moon here? But that just means more books for Husband and I! :)

Cat

Cat said...

John:

Oh, my. Yes. I probably could tell lots of tales from childhood on reading, boys, fighting, and school, but need not bore everyone. Once around was plenty, in most cases...

Cat

Amy said...

Great commercial! We're all really big readers in my house too. Once I learned how to read I never stopped or slowed down with it. Local Library LOVES us because we help keep their circulation numbers way up there!

Cat said...

I know our bookstores usually have a standing credit chit for me, I have one that I come in with a big pile of books to trade, then leave, usually with a larger pile yet. (Very eclectic tastes, so I get a lot of "Hmm, that sounds interesting" books...)

Cat