Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Longer post... Mostly blather... ; )

Well, re the last post, the kids WILL have 50 some hats.  Not all my doing at all, however.  I was up to about 30ish.

Mom decided to try her hand at sewing up some, adding about 8.  Cute little polar fleecy ones, I might have to see if a bigger kid can get a black one some time in the future...

Then one of my friends at spinning said she'd add one.

One, folks. Sure, any will help. She said don't count on it, but she'd see if she had time.

I then received an email Friday last, she had 15, would that be okay?

Glurk? He-... YES!

Monday, I received 21 hats from her.  So, I am DONE with hats for a while! (Thank goodness.  Hats are okay, but only once in a while, and NOT production style... boooorrrrrrinnngg...)

***

We have become Turkey central around the place.  In fact, this was a group of about thirty that showed up and was around since well before Thanksgiving.  In fact, I had some of them wake me up ON Thanksgiving, they'd been roosting in the trees by our bedroom, and flapping wings, gobbles, and crackling leaves were the alarm clock for the day.

Poor guys in the picture were just showing off as much as they could for the girls.  The girls were so not interested.  Young moms, I think they were much more interested in the acorns than the guys.  Didn't stop the guys from trying to impress them...


***

I have been putting off stuff as of late.  I haven't practiced my guitar for... ? I don't think I could play a chord at this moment without looking at the book.  I stopped, and just didn't start again.  Not much better at the book.  I have written a very few notes, have blocked out some ideas in my head, but the actual paper writing, get stuff down?  Not a bit of new writing.  I have even been slack on writing a few of my pen pals.  The blog, obviously, but that was more because of the hats.  I even need to catch up on my blog buddies writings 'n musings!  But still, I should have made time.  I make time for my exercise. (Back up to 3 miles a day walking.)  I make time for knitting. Time for the animals? Yep.  I make time for making cookies and housecleaning (sometimes), so I don't know what the problem is.  So. Hmm.

December is sounding moderately busy, so I guess I will just deal with the month as it goes.  But...  I am going to do something I rarely deign to do.  I hate the idea of resolutions, but I suppose it's as good a term as any.  I will resolve to work on the book and the guitar in the next year.  I will make it more specific closer to January, so I have something more workable, and attainable.   But I keep thinking, I should.  Well, if I should, I guess I better make it DO, not should.

***

I am five pounds from the weight I was when I broke my leg a year ago, (the Sunday before Thanksgiving last), and am slowly, but steadily going down. (Much slower than I would like, but I digress...) So, with a little effort, a lot of walking, and ignoring as much treats as I can, I should be back to where I was by December or January.  At least that's the plan.  Hey, I managed to get through Thanksgiving without gaining!  Didn't lose, but didn't gain...  That is a plus, in my book, considering I have gained more than 5 pounds some years... eep.

***
I have been "collecting" music for walking.  I have now collected several theme songs from TV...  I also have some indie music, and recently found out about military cadences.  Long story short, someone told me about 'common meter' and I found several songs that can be sung to other songs.

This led to the military cadences, which are also performed in common meter.  Husband was dozing while I was listening to this from YouTube (NSFW) and was trying not crack up.  I have a declasse' sense of humor sometimes, and this just hit me right... So when he DID wake up, he was wondering why I was red faced and tears were streaming down my cheeks from holding in my chuckles.  So I hopped over to Amazon (where I find a lot of my music, and yep, they have cadences.  They also have the tv show themes.) 

Have 'Nuff room in my MP3, and then the songs can run with me, Sound off, sound off, sound off, sound off, 1, 2, 3, 4!

Or something to that effect...


12 comments:

Lisa said...

I love walking to cadences - takes me back to my young Navy days. I loved to run in formation back then, now I don't run unless chased!

I can't wait to get home from work to check out those YouTube clips!

Andrea said...

At least you have some general idea of where your time went! :)

IsobelleGoLightly said...

My lady has a March with the Sargeant cd that she listens to when she wants to laugh. He "left" "right" "left"s her and yells at her to keep going. hee hee

Sharon said...

The hat problem has been solved! Yippee! Now breathe.

Cool turkey picture, yah those guys... all the same.

I don't make plans and sometimes surprise myself.

Have a good one, 2 3 4!

messymimi said...

Congratulations on the hats, and on the not gaining weight over the holiday.

It's great to see you back blogging again.

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh there is no place for turkeys to hide at Thanksgiving! :D

Cat said...

I think I am going to have to work up to running!

Cat

Cat said...

Well, most of it, at any rate... ;)

Cat

Cat said...

Yep, it will be nice not panicked knitting for a deadline... Will do, 2, 3, 4!

Cat

Cat said...

Thank you! My hope is to blog at least a couple times a week, if all goes well, MAYBE try to blog every day in December, but that's sort of a nebulous plan right now...

Cat

Cat said...

Not around here, at any rate!

Cat

Retired Knitter said...

Loved the USMC video. Forwarded it to my son who was USMC in the 90s.