Friday, January 11, 2013

TUSAL.

ORT well guarded by a cougar...
I have been in town and around, and back and forth.  I finished a short chapter on my story, (but rewrites are waaaaaaaaaaaay necessary).  I am putting up my TUSAL, (Totally Usless Stitch Along) ORT (Old Ratty Threads) for the new moon.  I didn't think I would have any, but I managed to put holes in 3, count them 3 socks, that I ended up darning.  Oh, and the purple is from a baby blanket I wanted to 'clean up' a bit.

Short and sweet for today, I guess.  I am trying to decide if I should go to a writer's group that is starting tomorrow.  I have had very mixed luck with groups.  I will consider.  Hmmm.

I gave a baby blanket to the custodian at the substation for his daughter's first baby, and she had the first baby of the new year in her town.  The baby came home in my blanket.

I am pleased.

I have not been sleeping.  Or more accurately, I fall asleep, then wake about midnight, then maybe will drowse about 3-4 am.  I drag after that.  I have upped my exercise, and tried not to have any caffiene.  It hasn't seemed to help.

I am not pleased.

So. Life goes on.  More on my next blog, when we shall answer the question...

Uh, well, when I figure out a question, we'll answer it, sound good?

11 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

once pleased twice not pleased... not good. Try get some sleep. I had sleeping problem when started going into menopause. No hat flashes just waking up middle of the night. The best thing is to stay in bed, no lights. {{{hugs}}}

Sharon said...

How nice to know that new baby was wrapped in your blanket! (Warm fuzzy feeling, huh?)

I hope the writer's group thing went well.

stephen Hayes said...

Please don't pick a hard question: I probably won't understand the explanation.

messymimi said...

Cat, that's wonderful about the blanket.

As for the sleep, my theory is that this new discovery, that for most of human existence, people slept a few hours, then stayed awake an hour or two, then slept again a few more, is likely right. We go against it until our bodies rebel, and then we start to sleep that way, so i'e decided to go with it. It's not good for the schedule, though.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

You may need a sleep study done, although I've read that a sign of depression is being able to go to sleep but then waking up like you said. Keep writing!

Cat said...

Most of the time that is what I do, unless I am bothering Husband, then I get up and rest on the couch, or read with the lights low. Most of the time it works... Most of the time, anyway... Glurk.
(hugs back)

Cat

Cat said...

I actually didn't go, it was frozen, and I wasn't quite feeling up to it. I was afraid I might doze off... eep.

Cat

Cat said...

HAHAHAHEEE! Somehow, I doubt that would be a problem... ;)

Cat

Cat said...

I truly agree, I just know that when I *have* to get up, it can be a major grizzly bear. If I can sleep, wake, then sleep 'til I get up, I am fine. But somehow, a lot of things don't have a come as you are proviso...

Cat

Cat said...

Anything is possible, one of my family members has sleep apnea, so I can't say it's not crossed my mind to have it checked...

Cat

Judith said...

I like the theory that you sleep better if it's completely dark...so I have made myself a rather dashing black silk sleep mask. I can't really say if it's effective but I like wearing it!