Friday, April 12, 2013

K. Kryptonite. (and Late ORT)

K

Superman, his Kryptonite makes him weak and unable to be in control.  I have no such problems, I am happy to say.

Oh, is that chocolate?  Just one, thanks.

No, I have no problems with something that I can't control, or that weakens my resistance.

How 'bout one more, that was pretty good.

I mean, really, all it takes is some will power and...

Um...

Nom nom nom nom nom...

Now, er, what was I talking about?

Never mind.

(Kryptonite)

************
General stuff and nonsense portion of my blog...

So, I just remembered it's past the new moon, (you'd think I would remember, having it set on my computer, but no...) 

I have knit up 5 baby hats, worked on some socks (haven't finished any, they are catch as catch can, and worked on a baby blanket.) Oh, and the baby blanket is hilariously basic.  Everyone that sees it loves the yarn.  That, I believe, is because they don't have to knit with it!  It splits, tangles, it's not soft when I knit it, as it tends to catch and put my fingers into a Nylon Death Grip.  But, this way I get rid of it quickly, and don't have it to use, and it does wash up nicely, so hopefully some wee one will have a warm tushy because of it.

Rudee had to go to the vet for his rabies and such shots today.  I felt so sorry for him, neither Husband or I are quite confident enough to trim his dewclaws, so we had the vet do it.  This would have been fine, if it had just been the vet, and Husband and I.  Husband puts Rudee into a doggie headlock, and I talk to Rudee, petting him and telling him softly how brave and what a great dog he is.  

Or, at least that's the way it's SUPPOSED to go.  The vet tech decided Rudee looked scared, and "helped", by LOUDLY telling him he was okay, what a GOOD DOG, WHAT A GREAT LOOKING DOOOOOGGGIIEEE, GOOOD BOOOY!!!!  (We rarely, if ever talk to him this way, and she was nearly shouting at him.)  Add to this, she was clutching his face and nearly nose to nose with him, Rudee freaked, and ended up getting a nick on one of his dewclaws.  The vet said something to the tech, she got the stop bleeding stuff, and it was minor.  But I still wanted to whack her alongside the head.  I am so glad we have worked with Rudee around strangers, or I would have been afraid the tech would have been bitten.  Needless to say, poor dog was shivering and had that "What the **** IS this?" look by the time we were finished.

We took him to McDonald's and got him fries. (We've done this since he was a pup, to make sure he doesn't relate car trips to bad things only.)  He was a happy carb loader again, and other than making sure he didn't eat the little paper bag the fries came in, we were all in good spirits when we came home.  And now Rudee's legal again, so we can get his tags.  

And yes, he is a good boy, but even he thought it was going just a bit too far when it was bellowed in an ear...



8 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love that you take him to get fries for being good and going through trauma:) Chocolate mmmmm. B

stephen Hayes said...

If chocolate is like Kryptonite then that means there was once an entire planet made of chocolate. The though makes me need to lie down.

Cat said...

Yes, we try and make him a spoiled, uh, happy dog... I second the motion.

Cat

Cat said...

I have trouble with a bowl of M&M's, an entire planet, oh, my. YUM, but oh, my.

Cat

messymimi said...

No one is supposed to have control over Kryptonite...um...i mean, chocolate. And you might want to talk privately to the vet about not letting that vet tech help with Rudee any more.

Congratulations on all the knitting!

messymimi

Cat said...

Therein lies the problem... Heh. And yes, if we need to go in again, she will be asked to NOT help...

Cat

Andrea said...

You know what can save you from chocolate sometimes? Potato chips!

Cat said...

Possibly. Unless they are those nice onion kind. Or the barbecue. Then I am nearly as bad off as when the chocolate is around!!! :)

Cat