The continued thaw has let it fall and break, but I thought it was kinda neat, anyway. (Oh, and the thermometer read 41. I really think it's time for a new thermometer... Ahem.)
The picture below shows a bit of a cut I received, Rube Goldberg style.
1. Pick up Buzz, who is normally not into snuggles. Severe cold weather changes this.
2. Put Buzz against chest, feet to vest, so she can warm her toes, and I can pet her.
3. Have Rudee realize that I am holding said Buzz.
4. Rudee, who likes Buzz, and wants attention, too, puts his nose right up her rear, to reach my hand.
5. Buzz, who has now been goosed thoroughly by Rudee, yowls and pushes straight out to get away.
6. I am standing right next to the gatepost, where the barbed wire is stapled on, but barbs not bent down.
7. Trying to avoid filet of face from Buzz, I move back, throwing my hands out.
8. And catch my hand on the fence.
(Yes, I had a Tetanus shot, so hopefully no problems. I did stick myself pretty good, and wasn't a real happy camper for a bit... Had to wash the glove, too. Ick.)
Ah, the joys of farmin'... (eye roll.)
But, the weather has broken, it's about 40ish (for REAL), and the snow has pretty much gone for now. The chickens are out in force, Rudee isn't sliding on the ice, Buzz is tolerating pats, but not cuddles, and the llamas are annoyed because I didn't give them extra feed today... Yep, about normal.