Saturday, March 01, 2014

Mush! Iknitarod, and A to Z doings.

Well, as of this morning, the Iditarod will be starting.  And for a group on ravelry.com, that means the start of the Iknitarod.  You pick a project, and work from the start of the Iditarod to the 'red lantern' (last finisher), to finish your project.  I have participated for a couple years now, and had no real idea what to do for this one.

I normally knit a baby blanket, but had just finished one, so I really wasn't wild about starting another.  Meh.  I have a big blanket I am working on... That's allowed under the rules, but I know, even knitting 24/7, I won't finish in approximately 16 day (about the length of the race...).

So.

Project.

Hmm.

Then I realized, I haven't knit but 1 hat for the December 'stuff' that I do.  One lonely hat.  It needs some friends...  Yep, there is the project!  So, I will be exclusively knitting hatty things for the next few days.  I will keep a little record in the corner of the blog, I won't be competing for anything- but seeing how many I can finish.  Any guesses?  (If it helps, I knit a hat in about 4-6 hours, depending on size.  I also don't knit much about 2 days a week.  WHY does this remind me of a word problem in math???)  
I hope to have at least 20 by the end, but I am not going to be upset if it is more, or less.  Well, if I only get ONE finished, I might be upset, but really, the way I knit, I would hope I could get more than that...  And this will get me going, as I like to knit.  But hats... Not as much.

Also, I finally decided to join the A to Z for April.  I have a couple ideas for themes, one is "retro", the other "blessings", I might even come up with another by the start.  Who knows?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I even put the letters on my  personal calendar, so I would keep track of which what I write on for each day.  You'd think I'd know my ABC's by now, but keeping myself from writing a Q on a P day or something is a probability.  I have been known to do silly things like that.

I just had a notice I sent out for a group, which promptly was responded to with panicked "THE DATE IS WRONG!"  So, I sent out a change of date, correcting the boo boo.  I am learning to double, triple check things.

But I still screw up.

Go figure...  ; )

10 comments:

  1. It's okay, you check, double check, and correct course when needed. That's all a person can do.

    Good luck with the knitting, and i'm looking forward to reading your A to Z posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It's just sort of embarrassing when it happens simultaneously from me, to so many folks at once. Meh...
      Thank you, and thank you!

      Cat

      Delete
  2. I think knitting hats is a great idea and I'm confident you'll accomplish your goal. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's motivation, at least. I don't know if I have a set goal, except to actually get some finished... : /

      Cat

      Delete
  3. Your knitting should qualify as an extreme sport. You can knit a hat in 4-6 hours. I haven't knitted in years but I think a hat would take me...I don't know???...maybe a lifetime. One would have to factor in all the mistakes, dropped stitches, tangled yarn, wandering attention span, bathroom breaks, snack breaks, any excuse of a break...yep a lifetime for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um. I did say four to six hours. I didn't say all at once, did I? (heh...) No, the knitting has its share of all of those too, but when I knit on auto pilot, it goes... fairly quickly.

      Cat

      Delete
  4. Oh that is how long it takes me to knit a hat:) I like your plan. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck knitting away, it would take me 50 years to get one done haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you will be doing the A to Z and I like your ideas for a theme. Actually, I like the challenge with a theme. Many don't do it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! What have you to say today?