Saturday, April 30, 2016

Z is for zoo.

*I don't remember this, but it has been told to me several times.*

Mom and Dad took me to the Portland Zoo when I was, oh, a toddler.  They wanted me to experience all the wonderful animals that were there.  I toddled about, as toddlers do, when I spied a white rooster.

(I don't know if they do now, but they used to let small birds wander in the public areas of the zoo.) 

I fell in love with the white rooster, and proceeded to follow it unswervingly.  Mom and Dad tried to get me involved with the rest of the zoo animals.

"Look, honey, a bear!  A tiger!  Honey, look at the orangutan!"

No dice.

I saw the rooster, I liked the rooster, I was going to make a friend of that rooster.

Mom says to this day, that's why I can deal with them so well.  She was so frustrated, we'd made a special trip to the zoo, and I was more interested in a rooster, which I could have seen at Grandpa's.

Mom, look at it this way.  I have grown up to have my own zoo!  ; )

And thus ends my A to Z challenge with animals...  Hope you enjoyed the menagerie, and I will be going back to blogs that will be about 3 days a week... Thank you for your comments, and I appreciate all the blog readers, new and old!

13 comments:

Sharon said...

The breeze from your "Whew" was felt all the way over here. Yep, your A to Z challenge is over and what a fun ride it was! Congratulations on your success!

stephen Hayes said...

Congratulations on finishing the A-Z Challenge. It's been fun to read your posts. Take care.

Thea O'Brian said...

I have enjoyed your A-Z challenge. Kudos to you for sticking it out to the end! I will be keeping an eye on your Blog.
http://enchantedfantasies.blogspot.com/

messymimi said...

There's a Family Circus comic in which mom and dad are looking at the giraffes, and Jeffy has his brothers and sister running over to him with the comment, "Look everyone! Ants!"

Congratulations on getting through the a to z!

Nekkid Chicken said...

Well howdy, Missy. Isn't it funny how the simple things that hold our attention? Smooches & Hugs

Shelly said...

What a cute story!

One of my daughters was obsessed with chickens, she had a favorite pet banti hen (Little Hen) she would have brought in the house if I had let her. Lol

Congrats on finishing the A to Z Challenge!

Cperz said...

That is a cute story. I imagine your mother was a bit frustrated with your attraction to an everyday sort of animal when exotic animals were at hand. Still...I hope she took pictures. It sounds really cute.

Cat said...

Ya know, I have no idea, I will have to ask if there were photos taken!
Cat

Cat said...

Thanks! I hope to catch up on a few other blogs to READ now that I am getting a breather!
Cat

Cat said...

Sounds good, put you on my blog list!
Cat

Cat said...

Perspective? :)

Cat

Cat said...

[Wave] Yep!
Cat

Cat said...

When I was little, Mom had to be very aware of what I brought in the house, kittens and such had this strange habit of being in the house, invite or not... I can't imagine how they got there, cough, cough...
Cat