Tuesday, September 17, 2019

One of those calls... And Faire

I do receptionist work on Tuesdays.  I try to be polite, professional, and generally do what I can to make the calls or contacts as pleasant, or at least easy, as they can be.

Then there are the ones...

Had a call this morning.

Hello, ... this is Cat, how can I help you?

I WANT A LEVEL 11 OFFICER AT MY HOUSE NOW, OR THE LEAD SHERIFF! I WANT A LEVEL 11 OFFICER AT MY HOUSE NOW, OR THE LEAD SHERIFF! I WANT A LEVEL 11 OFFICER AT MY HOUSE NOW, OR THE LEAD SHERIFF! 

Sir, just a moment, what do you-

I WANT A LEVEL 11 OFFICER AT MY HOUSE NOW, OR THE LEAD SHERIFF!  I WANT A LEVEL 11 OFFICER AT MY HOUSE NOW, OR THE LEAD SHERIFF! 

Sir!

I WANT A LEVEL 11 OFFICER AT MY HOUSE NOW, OR THE LEAD SHERIFF! 

I just put the call on transfer, I hope that dispatch could get him to listen...

It isn't that terribly unusual to get folks who don't listen, but this was odd, even for the usual stuff and nonsense.  I have to assume that there is a problem, but that doesn't help me getting a bit of information to him.  And I guess I am really curious, what in the heck is a level 11 officer?  And we only have one Sheriff, so that didn't make a lot of sense to me either.


In other news, I went to faire for one day with Dad.  I don't know why, but it was okay.  Not great, but okay.  I enjoyed being with Dad, we chatted, and wandered around, but I felt... Off.  I wasn't in costume, Dad and I thought it would be a lot easier, and, well, it was.  But I slipped into Fairespeak, and tried to help a couple folks, and they brushed me off.  Odd sensation, that.  Was able to see a few friends, but it was a crazy time for the bunch of us, so Hail Fellow Well Met, was more, Hiyo, I am trying to get crap done, bye.  And with me in full Meh mode, that didn't help...

We decided to leave early as it was getting hot.  BIG mistake.  I didn't time it right, and poor Dad had to drive through the Oregon State game being released.  It says something when they A) turn off all the traffic lights and use people to direct traffic, and B) turn all the roads around the area to one way OUT, which means we were driving and where we would be on a two lane, two way road, with a double yellow line, they had made it ALL GOING ONE WAY.  Reminded me of the news reports of Hurricane evacuations, just smaller.  But, we made it out of the area okay, Dad did NOT get a leg cramp (THANKFULLY!!), and we made it home fine.

I do have to deal with a full day of dust and dirt, creating faire boogers... Eeeew, to put it mildy.  When you blow your nose, and it's black, you know you have dealt with a large amount of dust!

2 comments:

messymimi said...

That call was someone who is used to getting his way, and he will be obnoxious about it until he does, and even thereafter. Glad you didn't have to deal with it any longer than that.

Some years, even the things that have great meaning for us, don't. Maybe by next year you will feel differently.

Cat said...

My only, and I do mean only, concern with the caller, if it were an actual emergency, how could we get him to shush long enough to get the info necessary to help? Meh... Sigh.

I do hope you are right about next year. It was a strange bit all the way around, so I think maybe I just wasn't in the right mindset.