Thursday, November 21, 2019

Catalogs...

This is the time of year for Christmas shopping.  And browsing.  And looking.  And most of the time, I don't even need to leave home!  Or, turn on the computer, even.

Between the catalogs my Mom gets, and the ones I get, I could have quite the Christmas display, then gifts galore.  If I wanted to pay shipping... Heh.

There is a few that I save out, and circle things that I think would be cool to have, or wear.  Mostly wear, anymore.  I guess I am not as rabid as I was when I was younger and the Wards, and Sears Christmas catalog would come out.  I wasn't as voracious as some of my friends, but I would point out a few items I really liked.    Now, the catalogs are MUCH smaller, and usually specialty catalogs, ones I have received recently were Hippie stuff, and NPR stuff.  I keep waiting to get the Victorian stuff, NOT VICTORIA'S, VICTORIAN...  I normally get those seemingly every few weeks, but now that I want one, to check on ONE product,  pbbt.  I might have to see about an older catalog, or, (Sob), clean up the area where I store paperwork by the couch... 

I don't really buy much anymore by catalog, and rarely by Internet, either.  I have been glacially slowly even trying to get RID of stuff, with marginal success.  I have threatened, more than once to get the window open, toss all the stuff out, and rent a D8 cat and push it into a big garbage container, for it to go be somewhere else.  I have also threatened to get it in a bunch, put a FREE sign on it, and put it on a corner in town.  (I would put the sign up by my house, but there isn't that much traffic along our road.  Thankfully...) 

I keep plugging away at getting crapola out, and keeping good stuff.  I do realize good is relative, most people wouldn't think lots of small balls of yarn are a big whoopee, but, I knit all the time, so it's much more important, than say, the food processor that I received, and used...  Not ever.  So, you get the idea.

I mostly ask for practical things, or stuff I wouldn't buy for myself normally.  Clothes, specialty food items (Husband has found a source for Decaf Vanilla tea, and I am SOOO happy for this!!!!) 

I tend to make things for Christmas, so when I buy online, or via catalog, it's more for things to make other things, i.e. specialty yarn, or wood...  Don't ask, it's close to Christmas!

So, I guess that covers my love affair with catalogs.  Don't use 'em much.

Ohhh, look what came in the mail!  A new seed catalog!  OOOOOOH!  Excuse me whilst I peruse!

😄  


2 comments:

messymimi said...

There are catalogs, and then there are catalogs!

Cat said...

Yes, so very true!! :D
Cat