Thursday, December 12, 2019

Best laid plans of Christmas and cookies...

I have been baking.  Lots of baking.  I have a friend,  her husband is terminal.  We both belong to a group, and she wanted a Christmas exchange.  I told her I'd help, and so I was going to make cookie plates, and some gifts, so there would be extras, in case anyone didn't bring something.

And then a note, from another member. She was not going to be at the event, and could everyone bring toys, which will be donated to a charity?

I write back to the gent that sent out the note.  He said he'd ask, so right now, I am not sure which way it will go.

I will give her a cookie plate, either way, she will probably have people over.  I will get a toy for the donation... 

But, man, oh, man, do I have a lot of cookies!  To wit: I have 5 or so gallon jars full of cookies in the freezer...

That being said, since I had one of the deputies come up and hopefully ask if I had brought any when I came in... (I hadn't, because I have been concentrating on getting the ones for the group finished...  Oops.)  And my Husband has been enjoying being the Test Eater, as I can't have chocolate anymore, snif... 

But, they are all approved by the various Cookie Monsters in my life, so...

They shouldn't go to waste.  Waist, perhaps, but not waste...

2 comments:

messymimi said...

What a blessing you are being, making cookies and offering to do so much! Yes, it is delicious to do it, it's still a blessing.

Cat said...

I do what I can, what is that thing, use what you are given? I am given cookie making skills, so... ;)

Cat