Saturday, December 14, 2019

New phone. Slippity Doo Dah!

My old phone died.  Well, not died, but it's working so poorly, that Husband took pity on me, and for a Christmas gift, bought me a new one.  We were able to get it on sale, which, in my mind, is even better!

Anywho.  I am still working on learning the quirks of this one.  It's from the same company as my old phone, so it's not a complete re-learn, but certain... Things. Are. Different.

The old phone, the power button is on top right side. 

The new one, the VOLUME is on top right side.  I have this poor thing SCREAMING at me from time to time.  Mostly when I don't want it on at all... So. 

Hmm.

And transferring 'stuff' from my old phone to my new one, well, if there is WiFi, it seems to like it, but just over the regular wireless that we have... Not so much.  That was a challenge.  I *think* I have all transferred to my new phone, though. 

BUT. 

Whoever designed it, did not mean for people to use the phone without a case, I suspect.  Or they assumed humans have suckers on the end of their fingers... Or something.  I have to be excruciatingly careful not to hold it by the center of the phone, on the sides, the way I held the other one.  I have dropped it several times, mostly on the couch, thankfully, but still, I think landing a greased trout with my bare hands wouldn't be MUCH harder...

It's a slick, slick plastic.  I think they were trying for  deep shine new car paint look, which is quite nice, but when there is very little place to hang on, not so great.  We put rubber bands on it, but it's so slick, they kept coming off!  So, we are getting some cases for them, and I have kept mine in a knit neck holder I made, and so, hopefully, we won't need to buy another phone, because of dropping it!  EEEEEEP!

2 comments:

messymimi said...

It almost feels like they make them to drop and break so you have to get another.

Hope you get a great case to protect it (don't forget a screen protector) and learn to use and have fun with it!

Cat said...

I do wonder about the slippery being a feature for replacement, yes... Let's just say I am glad for a new case. Don't use a screen protector, as my fingers don't tend to make it work with any barriers... Odd, but true. Meh...

Cat