Tuesday, December 10, 2019

We all live in a...

I am not a huge Beatles fan, I like some of their music, don't care for some of the others.  But I had the radio on, and Yellow Submarine came on.  It always brings back a memory that makes me smile.

I remember one of my bus drivers, she DETESTED rock music.  We were allowed to have the radio on the bus on, ONLY if it was Western music.  And we are talking (even at that time), classic, classic stuff.  Most of us didn't care, and quite a few of us liked the Western stuff, so it worked out okay.

But she did have this one day...

To this day, I do not know what possessed her to do this, but when I got on the bus that morning, the speakers were playing... Rock?  Yes, it was rock music!  Driver was smiling, and several of my friends were rocking out in seats to the music. 

I sat down, and then, not too much later, the DJ pipes up,

"This is a request from Frannie, bus #25, here you go, have fun!"

Then the song "Yellow Submarine" came on.  Fortune would have it, it was not a really cold day, because someone got the idea to open the windows, and we all waved in time to the music trying to make it look like the bus had wings, I guess.  The parents, and folks driving by the bus, were probably wondering what in blazes was going on, if they couldn't hear the music.

Although, about 40 some odd kids bellowing the words probably helped them get the gist...  We were all singing, waving, and cracking up by the time we entered the school grounds. 

I don't remember her EVER doing anything like it again, (and I rode the better part of 5 years with her as my bus driver), so I think I witnessed a bus driver miracle!  :)

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Proving that even the most sedate driver can have her moment!

Cat said...

And she most certainly did! :)

Cat