Saturday, June 27, 2020

Minty fresh chickens.

I hadn't cleaned the hen yard, and it was getting overgrown with teasels.  I finally decided it was a mess and picked up my anvil loppers and went for it. 

I normally like to use my weed whacker, it's much faster. However, with the weather we've been having, the teasels were taller than I am! So cutting them one by one allowed me to control them a bit better, and not have a forest of them all fall on me.

As I cut, I found the bit of peppermint had spread. A LOT! It now covered the pathway to the back of the chicken house.  I didn't care, it's not hurting anything where it is, so I finished up, and let the chickens out while I got some feed out for them.

Now, my chickens have a strange habit. They run around the hen house when I get ready to feed them.  But with all the weeds, they were running single file right by the building.  With all of them gone, the chickens spread out, running through the peppermint.

Several times...

When I opened the door to let them in, it smelled like a small explosion of candy canes!  Considering the way that hen house CAN smell, it is a pleasant change. 

So, I cleaned the yard, and now have minty fresh chickens!  ;)



3 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

That is funny!

Cat said...

I agree! :)

Cat

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! Leave the peppermint right where it is!