Thursday, August 06, 2020

Well... Guess I should have expected that...

I checked Salt's clutch of eggs.  She was fine, but the eggs had been torn up by... Probably skunks, we have a family of them living close by.  That's why I don't like the hens having outdoor nests. 

Sigh...

On the other hand, Husband gave me a pair of gauntlet gloves, like welders use. I can now get eggs from the nastiest hen, without losing flesh in the process. (They had figured out how to bite my wrist right above where my old gloves stopped.) Plus I found my marble eggs, for one of the hens bound and determined to set, so she will stop going to each nest with eggs, and I can collect with... Less problem.

Today I was out in my Pod.  It was a hay container made from a used step van. No more llamas, so I don't need hay stored. So Husband thought it would make me a good little storage area for my garden supplies, and a place to rest when outside working on the garden.

I have been putting in random things I have scrounged over time, a rug that someone threw out, it has some burned spots or something.  But I don't notice it much, and it's a lovely dark red color, a dark wine.  A table we found for picking it up, with a glass center that looks nice to me.  A chair I begged from my volunteer job.  A table Husband had. 

And he made the front from a big window, and a screen door someone didn't want.  He painted it so it looks like a tiny apartment from the front. (I hope to paint the rest, eventually.)  I have two shelves, and a futon, that we found on Craigslist.  Basically, a small space for gardening stuff, writing, giving Husband his "me"time (and ME, too!)

I have some pillows and blankets that ate on the futon, and I have said it's my Hippie Hut.  I am so pleased that I can work out making something like this, but not spending a lot to do so.  Sometimes it takes a while to get something, but I guess I consider that part of the challenge.

Oh, and Buzz, my outdoor kitty, thinks it's nice, too!

4 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

You have a very nice husband to make that lovely “get away” space for you.

messymimi said...

Hooray for your own little hide-away! Sorry about the eggs, better luck next time.

Cat said...

I so agree!!! I am a lucky woman!

Cat

Cat said...

We shall see. The silly bird has another smaller clutch of eggs. I would prefer less chicks, until I can start selling them again. :/

Cat