Saturday, September 12, 2020

Update. Still here.

 The smoke around our place is just over the top.  The air quality is at 453 right now.  The scales top measurement is 500.  We basically are breathing toxic crap at this point.  Both Husband and I have allergies, so we have an air purifier, thankfully. Basically, we are sitting in our living room, with it on 24/7.  When I go out to feed, I wear my only N95 mask.  Don't know how long it will help, since I am reusing it a lot, but it's better than coughing myself silly.

Checking on family in Level 2 (get ready to leave) area, so far no one has had to jump and run.  Haven't heard from family in the Level 3 (GO NOW!) area, been checking Red Cross information, will try some other stuff and see what happens.  

Trying not to "doom scroll" but it isn't easy, when almost all the things I look at are giving updates, and a lot of them are not so great. On the good side, though, there is a Cowboy Convoy moving feed, animals and supplies.  I am donating some leads and halters from when I  had my llamas.  I have to keep out of things as much as possible, my Dad will be having surgery later, and I will be driving.  So I can't be around doing anything more than necessary, so I don't end up sick.  So much fun...

Then, just for general chaos and craziness, one of my hens had chicks, and more or less rejected them. So, you guessed it, we have new tanker chicks!  I don't know how many are going to make it, but, we will have quite a few, if all this goes okay.  Presently, we are okay.  We have things packed to go, in case, but are just staying put and keeping watch.  

 Sorry for the downer post, I wish I could just say all is dandy, but we are in a holding pattern here.  Guess that's better than a crash landing, however...

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Praying for you, that you get to stay home, and for all affected.

How i wish we could send you some of our rain.

Retired Knitter said...

Oh my. Praying for you guys. Stay strong.