1. This was my very first day off, that the caregiver was there. I didn't call, I didn't check in. I left a note about some things, and reminded my parents that in a pinch they could call. I slept in, and took it easy today.
2. In fact, Husband and I went to visit a friend. Since I hadn't had time to go, we had not visited him in a few months. Phone calls, but no personal visit. He can no longer drive, and is slowing down, so we wanted to make sure and let him know we were still about. A nice visit, and Husband and I snuck over to a restaurant for lunch/dinner.
3. I am getting a few tomatoes, and so I take them to Mom. A little kid with candy isn't as tickled as she is!
4. I lost my flock rooster recently. I was saddened to not hear him crow... But one of the girls has taken it upon herself to step in. She flaps her wings rapidly, then I hear "cockle-dooo!" I guess she speaks rooster with an accent. ;)
5. Except for my silly knee, I have felt much better. Some changes, physical and a little mental. The last doctor visit told me I was generally on the right track. Now if I can just convince the knee to get with the program...
6. Husband has removed the fence from our backyard, and mowed so it's even up to the tree line. The wildlife loves it! Deer and turkeys are around a lot, kitty type cats, and surprisingly, lots of small birds are showing up.
7. He also took and removed the fence and some equipment by my pod, which has big windows. I have a wonderful clear view up our hill.
8. We have had bad smoke levels here, but I found my N95 mask, so watering isn't clogging me up. I don't have a great lot to do outside, otherwise, so I have faired pretty well so far.
9. I made some bread the other day. I use a bread machine, and hit the wrong button. I realized I had, and re-started it. I meant for it to continue from where it was, but it went to the beginning. I was very worried I would have bread the consistency of a wood slab, but it came out great. I have no clue why, but am very happy it did!
10. I didn't get a chance to try the crisp recipe. (I think I would call it a crumble, myself, but that's the name on the recipe.) I did make my minestrone, and it was highly approved!
You enjoy your Thankfuls, please!!
10 comments:
It is nice to read that everything is going well. May you enjoy another good week with new tomatoes.
Seems you had a Great week. Glad you got to rest and I imagined the accent on the lady bird. 😂
Have a great week!
It's lovely to read that things are going well for you. Hope the knee continues to improve, and all the best for the week.
I have been absent from most blogs and stopped in to see you. Your #1 - sounds like you have taken up the role of caregiver for your parents and have finally gotten a break. That was my situation up until 2014 - 8 years of taking care of mom. It is a hard but necessary function and I am glad you found a way to have a break. Taking care of self is the hardest job of all - if you always put yourself last. Take care of yourself.
good TToT this week... we don't have the smoke so much now, here in Southern New England... funny thing about the Covid, I learned that simply wearing a regular mask when mowing or cutting trees cut out the pollen hangover completely.
have a great week
I am sorry to hear about the rooster. May that knee get the message and completely recover.
I'm so happy you had a day off! May you get one each week.
You and your family are in my prayers.
I am so glad that you have care providers to take care of your parents. That is a huge burden you have been shouldering. Laughing about your Rooster step-in, but sorry for your loss. My chickens were all special to me and I mourned their loss each time I lost one. Interesting that the bread didn't turn out OK...I've over-kneeded dough before and the outcome was not good!
Tickled by your Hen-Power story! I used to use a bread machine when we lived in a cold cottage - I realised that for some breads, like sourdough, you could restart the machine to give them extra kneading and time - the rules are only there so that if you want to set the machine up before bed and wake up to fresh bread, it will work - otherwise break the rules at will - you can restart right up to the moment of baking...
so glad you had a restful week :)
Post a Comment