Sunday, January 06, 2008

Insomnia. Again...


This was my bed for about 2 hours last night. I was sleeping like a baby, (FOR A CHANGE), when about 12:30 someone decided to use our drive way for a turn around. I don't know if it was an older diesel pickup, or if it didn't have a muffler, but I thought that thing was coming through the house! Add to that Rudee and his "I am going to rip out lungs, then take names" bark, I was rather instantly round eyed.

So I went to bed. And stared at the ceiling, contemplated my breathing, (no, I am not that nuts, a friend told me that if you count your breaths, it can help you go to sleep.) I flopped. I flipped. And at 2, I said the H*** with it, got up and played on the computer for a while. I went to bed around 4:30. Husband was going to work today, (He helps out on Sundays as the main workforce isn't there to interrupt...) So, finally, I laid out myself on the couch. When the lights went on at 5am. Guh... Wandered to my actual bed, slept fitfully until 8, when I realized the animals were not going to understand why insomnia=empty belly.

So, I am as ambitious as a sloth, friendly feeling as a rabid pit bull, and have the attitude of a 3 year old with no nap. Uh. Make that a two year old.

On the bright side, it's snowing, I don't have to go anywhere, And I can take a nap pretty much whenever I want. As soon as I rip the phone out of the wall...

No comments: