Friday, February 20, 2009

Huh. Yeah. Sure I have something for a blog...

Now whether it is interesting or not... might be debatable... I have been downloading songs. This has been found, and I have found some old favorites AND new artists.

But.

(Ya knew that was coming, didn't you?)

I bought a Visa Debit card. I can't use it! I tried, and it was rejected. I followed the instructions, it was rejected again. I called the Amazon help line. That was really interesting, I was using my cell in the most non-cell receptive room in the house, while trying to follow instructions from an operator that I suspect was from India. Accent city, which made it really hard to understand, then on top of that, after explaining I was on dial up and this means that it took a minute to get a response, he would IMMEDIATELY say, "What is happening? Has it finished yet?" My temper was tested. He then told me that it was a tech problem and would be fixed in 24 hours.

Yeah. Right.

I tried 26 hours later. IT STILL DIDN'T WORK. So, after reading the itty-itty-ITTY bitty writing on the insert, I emailed Visa. I also asked a few other questions relating to the general use of the card.

The reply, you didn't send the right info. Please send same. (And not ONE WORD about the other questions I'd asked, which could have been answered without the aforementioned info...)

I am going to see if I can find the information on how to get Visa to send me my money back, I think. I am tiring of playing this game with this card. Besides, I can't get my $ downloads! While this doesn't limit me much, (both walmart.com and amazon.com have large free sections to explore), when you want a specific song, and it's 99 cents, you have to be able to pay for it! But, on the bright side, I did get "Werewolves Of London" that I had been looking for before this whole mess happened, (bought with my old card, now cashless, and non-rechargeable), so I can at least howl along with that, much to Husband and Rudee's shagrin.

I have been knitting baby blankets for my charity, and I am doing all right, I suppose, but the one... I just had to tink. I found the pattern had gone just a bit off somehow. I am not exactly sure how, but I do remember knitting that section while I was at Mom's, talking, and not exactly 'tending to my knitting'. So, I think I have corrected that problem, and will hopefully be finished with it soon. I am working on a second blanket, as well. I call it "Psychadelic Snowfall", as it looks like a skiff of snow on the lawn, but I did it with bright little baby colored verigated yarn, so the 'snow' is painted random bright colors...

I really should knit another set of socks. I am trying to decide on just using my tried and true method, and get a set ASAP, or working with a friend from spinning, and try toe-up, 2 at once on cable needles type, or 2 at once, one inside the other socks. I am not sure if my brain will explode, but at least it wouldn't be boring. If I do the socks one inside the other, I am thinking as violently different colors as possible, I really would prefer not getting all finished, pulling them apart, and finding out that I have carefully knit them as one... This would not make me a happy camper type... Roaringly pi**ed might be a tad closer...

Hmm. Looks like it's getting near lunch. Need to go fight with our tuner, so we can watch Perry. That little thing I shall save for another blog.

No comments: