Friday, February 27, 2009

Well, the problem is solved, but...

I REALLY hate technology. And not being able to talk to a real person.

I tried several different venues to solve the debit card problem. I wrote to the Visa email site. Didn't send enough info. Went to the place I'd bought it. The help there was negligible, except that they showed me a phone number I'd missed. Called the number. Voice Mail Hell, hung up. So, I tried the Visa email site ONE MORE TIME. The response was *finally* helpful, although I really wonder if you have to be able to speak English, or at least some variation there of to work there, the email proves it's optional. I really had to work on what the answer was. It looked at least as well written as some of the Nigerian scam letters... (I did check, and it was from a secure site, so I figured it was ok. But I didn't use the link supplied, just in case...) So. I surmised from the scribblings that I hadn't registered the card.

What? Yes I did...

So, I looked. NOT ONE THING that I'd written had been saved. Did I not hit the return? Did my blessed ISP choke? In short, HUH???

Soooo. I very carefully SIGNED THE SUCKER UP AGAIN. Then checked. And again, to make sure. GAH!!! But finally, success! I had a working card! Ok, now we download some songs...

*sigh*

If I had downloaded a record, it would have been filled with 'skips'. I emailed AtoZnstuff.kom and asked if there was a problem. They, at least, were helpful. A little over the top with go here and there, and over there, and OH, this might help, too, but help was at least forthcoming with this site. And, they fixed the problem for one of the songs. So, I will maybe be able to fight down another song. "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay. We shall see if I am successful.

You know the movie with the guy having "LOVE" and "HATE" tattooed on his knuckles? I think I should have that done, just so I can bash my computer, stating simply that I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Right?

Guess not. But it IS fun to think about, sometimes...

Author's note: I had a good download! It works!! I also was called by the Sheriff's Office, I am in, so I will be updating on that, as soon as I find out what I do, volunteering-ly.

No comments: