Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mad Dogs and Englishmen...

One of my friends says "Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun." Um. Well, I am not English, or a man. I have been called a b...

Er, never mind.

But I was out all day yesterday, and today, to dig a ditch, a trench, I don't know what you'd call it, but it's a gap barrier to keep the grass from the yard from getting into the garden quite so much. And I finished the weeding in this garden, (except for a little maintence gardening to catch some dandelions and such that re-grew.)

I am fair skinned, (there is usually 4 catagories for skin tone, dark, olive, light and pale. I am usually given the exception, "ghost"), and I put on sunscreen, wore a wide brimmed hat, and stayed (as much as possible) in the shady parts of the yard when I worked. I still ended up with a sunburn on my nose and chin. At least it isn't on my cheeks, I look embarrassed or angry most of the time anyway, I need not accentuate it!!

And my furball chose the smart route, he stayed in the barn, cuddled up to anything metal or stone most of the day. He did deign to let me take a picture of him, however. If I can figure out how to crop this a bit better, I think it will make a nice photo.

Hopefully, tomorrow, or the next day... Photos of the "Can't Be Done" socks. (It has been suggested when I finish I should re-name them "Yes, We Can" socks. Nah. I have some other socks in mind for that moniker. )

Stay tuned!

No comments: