Sunday, October 04, 2009

Up or Down, might go sideways... And goodbyes.

I have been looking at my scale day record. I didn't think about it when I started, and I realized that it's going to take up a LOT of room, even if I was a good kid and lost 2 pounds a week like the doc says is good and safe. So, I am contemplating showing my losses the way a few other blogs do, just show the week I am on, up or down, a series of goals (my thought is by 10's), and of course, total amount lost.

So instead of the long list I have now, it would look more like:

Goal 97 pound loss.
Week Xish- Down ibble.
Total so far- umph pounds down.

10 off- new MP3 player
20 off- something cool
30 off- yet better
40 off- well, you get the idea.
...

And the ones accomplished would be highlighted. So, I am considering this, at any rate. Now I just have to set some "goal goodies" for myself. Hmmm. Any ideas? (Girly girl pink stuff need not apply... Heh.)

Now to get to some writing. I am going to write one resignation letter, and one that is a request for help or I will resign letter, to 2 different volunteer groups. I know that volunteering is 'in', but ya know, I have decided, just because I am in the group, doesn't mean my name is carved in stone, or that I am chained to the group forever and ever, amen.

I am sort of dreading writing the things, as I know I am probably going to be on some one's (ahem) list, but I have some new things I am excited about, these things, not as much, especially since the goals of the group have changed a lot since I joined. What if I am blocking the way for some younger, new excited (or excitable, at least) person? And I am excited about working with the CERT program, and the sub-station.

As well as my knitting habit. The wool fumes! I am getting dizzy! Wooo-oo, (flop), oooh!

Uh, I knit a lot. So that kind of thing is going to continue.

Wish me luck.

No comments: