Sunday, January 03, 2010

Mystic Ipod, tell me more...

I seem to be stealing Ms. Diva's blog ideas every once in a while. Today is no exception.

With more accuracy than a Magic 8 Ball, but less than your Maiden Aunt Gertrude, this is a game where you write answers to your questions by putting your MP3 player on shuffle. So, here goes. (Note, the very heavy majority of my songs are... big surprise... Tom Petty, so I will just save time, and only write if it's not him.) And I won't cheat, I will just hit "next". But for fun, I will editorialize.

Q: What does next year have in store for you?
A: Papa Loves Mambo - Dean Martin
(Oooh, love life is going to be good? Like that!)



Q: What does your love life look like next year?
A:Classical Gas - Mason Williams
(Hmm. Either I am going to be flatulant, or it's going to be great. I think I will go with the second.)



Q: What do you say when life gets hard?
A: Jesus Is Just Alright - DC Talk.
(Ok, works for me...)



Q: Song that reminds you of good times?
A:Love Me Tomorrow - Chicago.
(Er. Okaaay. The past is the future! Yeah, that's it...)



Q: What do you think when you get up in the morning?
A: Ride Like the Wind - Christopher Cross
(Oh, what a bad choice... I ride like a squashed, heavily salted slug in the morning.)



Q: What song will you dance to at your wedding?
A:Alright for Now
(I didn't dance at my wedding, married in the Baptist Church, but this would have been a great one.)



Q: Song that reminds you of your first kiss?
A: You Really Got Me
(ROLFMAO...)



Q: Your favorite saying?
A: Dude Looks Like a Lady - Areosmith
(Oh, yeah, say that all the TIME... Especially at The Birdcage... Heh.)



Q: Favorite place?
A:Pinball Wizard - The Who
(Uh. Well, I do like games...)



Q: Most Missed Memory?
A: Saving Grace
(Accident in 1988, hey, the fact I can remember ANYTHING is a Saving Grace!)





Q: What song describes your best friend?
A: Just What I Needed - The Cars
(Well, that works!)



Q: What song describes your ex?
A: Viva La Vida - Coldplay
(Well, I don't have an ex husband, but a few former boyfriends, and the song fits, if not the actual title.)



Q: Where would you go on a first date?
A:Wildflowers
(Oh, walking in the woods, go to a waterfall, chuck rocks, find daisies and make a chain. Yep.)



Q: Drug of choice?
A: Lookin' Out My Back Door - CCR
(Considering I use that method to relax, it fits, oddly...)



Q: What song describes you?
A: Twilight Zone - Golden Earring
(HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. This is much too accurate. Ask any of my family. Or on second thought... Please don't.)



Q: What is the thing you like doing most?
A:Authority Song - John Melloncamp
(Why, yes, I like to help at the substation, thank you for asking!)



Q: The song that best describes the president?
A:Climb That Hill
(Ok, is someone setting me up, that was too easy...)



Q: Where will you be in 10 years?
A:King's Highway
(Travelling? Having BEEN to Alaska? Going to some exotic locale? Oooh, sounds good!)



Q: Your love life right now?
A: Green Onions
(Uh. Oh, it's spicy! Yes, um... Oh, I think I will leave it at that. I could go so many directions, and none that need go into this blog, thank you very much...)



Q: What is your state of mind like at the moment?
A:Pink Houses - John Mellencamp
(Yes, exactly. Huh? Well, I have been cleaning, maybe my house is in the pink, I don't know...)



Q: How will you die?
A: Eminence Front - The Who
(Gah?? Ok, when I am 104, have become a professor emeritus of pop literature, there will be this BIG storm, and I will be caught in a tornado, dropped down on an island with my MP3 player, and the natives will all be musically inclined, I will be worshipped as a Goddess for bringing them wonderful noise, and I will live long enough for them to play every song through at least twice. Three times if it's Petty.)





So there...

2 comments:

Amy said...

At least three times if it's Petty!
Great post, I really enjoyed reading it!

Cat said...

Thank you, thank you! (immodest bow.) Sometimes I can't think of a blog subject, but I do seem to be good at stealing, uh, USING other people's ideas, and giving them a twist...

Cat