Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Supplement, soggy edition.

And it's the first big storm of the season, we have water. 

Lots of water. 

We have leaves falling off the trees. Into the gutter.  Hence the lovely waterfall...

I walked today.  It was an interesting experience.  I now have a poncho (Thanks, Mom), that I do not go into melt down steam heat when I am exercising...

Uh, if anyone is interested, don't stand under a tarp filled with water when you are trying to empty it.  It sounds like a good idea, but the tarp conducts water in... rapidly changing ways, and where you think you will be fine... 

You will test your hat and poncho, and really annoy your dog. 

Just sayin'.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Congrats on the rain! I heard we may get some of that wet stuff this week - when I don't know.

Good tip about the tarp LOL!!!

Louise said...

Happy Rain Day! Hope you didn't get too wet under that tarp.

Little Messy Missy said...

Hahahaha! I learned my "tarp" lesson last winter!

Cat said...

Sharon:

Hope you do, it's about time! My webs is dry!

Cat

Cat said...

Louise:

Not too bad, poor Rudee was the one that got a nose full. He had his revenge, by sneezing on me, so I guess it evened out.

Cat

Cat said...

Little Messy Missy:

Oh, it's nice to know I am not the only one with tarp lessons... ;D

Cat

messymimi said...

As a person who lives where the two seasons are wet and hurricane, I understand about the tarp. You also have to be careful putting them on the roof when the leaking starts.

Good for you, though, for exercising in spite of the rain.

Cat said...

Never been in a hurricane, was in a pretty bad "microblast", it knocked out power in our area for about a week... It was fortunant that we didn't have the roof taken off of our place that time. But this is just a vauge attempt at a shelter, if it comes off, oh, well.

And yea, if I didn't exercise when it rained, I would be hopeless for several months of the year...

Cat