Monday, January 31, 2011

Thank you, thank you, and you, too! reverb 31

Ok, plan B is in effect, folks...

I was working on my computer.  It crashed, twice.  I fixed it. Twice.  I then received a notice from my virus protection that IT wasn't working.  No more nothing on that, until I can figure out what happened, and how to fix same.  So, I figured, well, I will go in and watch TV.  And promptly had that go mammaries skyward. 

I have decided to stealth on Husband's computer while he isn't home.  I will try NOT to change anything, but I really want to make my 31 days of blogging complete.  I suppose it's just the darn principle of the thing now... 

So, I want to thank everyone that has been following my navel gazing for this month.  I think I will return to my Wednesday and Sunday blogging.  This was a slow month (hence the reason I chose for a blog everyday.  Even then, I cut it close on a few of 'em...)  I know I didn't put responses on a lot of the stuff people wrote to me, and I didn't like that, I try to respond when people say something, and it felt like I wasn't able to as easily.  Probably could have, but just seemed like a bit to do... (Excuses, excuses...)  :)

Huh.  I might write on other days, as well, when the mood strikes me, but I found I like reading other people's blogs and writing comments, so that will probably be more the 'thing o' the day'.  And there is that book I keep talking about.  I don't know about growing extra sets of arms to type, knit and so on, so I guess perhaps I need to get the time in on the book.  Silly thing still won't write itself, no matter how much I try to convince my computer... 

And here, for... the last one of the month, is reverb 31. 
***
Prompt: Core story. What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.)

My core story?  Gee, make it an easy one.  My core story is what I am, and what I do.  There's no mystical wonderment, no grand enlightenment (that I know of), it's just a bit of this, a touch of that, and see whence it goes. 

You know how that people put things on Facebook, and so on that later comes back to bite them on the posterior?  I guess I am sorta boring.  I have very little that I would avoid putting on FB.  (I wouldn't put my pictures on there anyway, but that's because of the agreement with my husband, more than anything else...) 

I suppose my core story also is how I feel and react about things.  I have been called a lot of things. (Recently been called a witch quite a bit, but I really feel that it's not meant in an insulting way, if you can believe that.) I can be upset with the tags, titles, and names, (Ma'am sort bugged me... I am a ma'am, already?), but I can learn from them, too, if I make an effort.  Am I being called stubborn?  Is that because I am being obnoxious?  Or am I finally learning how to stand up for myself?  Am I called shy?  That could be because I am shy, but it can also be because I have found people intensely interesting to listen to, watch, and (try to) understand.  Fascinating stuff, if you pay attention.

And for the bonus question, I saw no unexpected threads, animals, writing, health (both physical and mental), my family.  Yep that's the biggies. 

Oh, and Tom Petty.  How'd he get in there?  Heh.

So, if there is a blog here tomorrow, great.  If not, I will see you Wednesday.  If I don't manage to destroy any more computer stuff. 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I have enjoyed this past month! I'm wondering if you really learned anything new about yourself or your writing - in your estimation.

I think you can be quite drool, funny, and entertaining!

Sorry your comp is on the fritz, it kind of figures it would mess up on your very last day of reverb. Life's like that, sigh......

G'Night, Girl!

messymimi said...

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires technology.

I'll miss the daily stuff, i've enjoyed it.

How could Tom not make it in?