Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Quiet day.

It's raining here.  It hasn't rained in some time, so it's not a bad thing.  Nice to listen to, at any rate.  I have been knitting, reading, and some house cleaning.  The leg, well, it's improving, I guess, at least it's getting enough better that I keep forgetting where I left my cane from one room to the next!

I am still not stable enough to go feed by myself.  (Some of that has to do with the dang boot I have to wear, it's ROUNDED on the bottom, and meant for floors and level concrete, not 'dances with chickens and llamas' on gravel...)  I am not real pleased by this, but at least I know that "He Who Doesn't Care About Llamas" is doing okay:


That is my husband, giving a back scratch to Lorenzo.  He also gives back scratches to Llama, but the others don't want it.  (The others still need some work...) Husband has been feeding the animals faithfully, and I will hopefully be able to take over soon.  I have an appointment on January 5th to see if I have improved to the doctor's liking.  Then I will find out how soon I can feed, drive, things like that.  I know I shouldn't be in a rush, but it would be nice to be able to do some things by myself again...

So, not much on this blog, but hopefully something new and interesting soon.  (I have to reknit one sock, or I would have a photo by now.  It came out WAY too big... I want a wearing sock, not a Christmas stocking!)


3 comments:

Lyssa said...

That's so funny about your husband "not caring" for the llamas...my dad talked about not wanting chickens before I brought out the ones I had raised for him and my mom, but now he takes them treats every day.

messymimi said...

Yes, it's a pain when you're not able to do the things you really want to do. The forgetting the cane must mean there's improvement.

Your husband is a softy, for certain.

Dreaming said...

I do hope you get good news on the 5th - but, no matter what, abide by what the good Doc has to say. Better to spend some extra time now than having a set back and having to spend more time laid up.

"He who doesn't dare about llamas" reminds me of my hubby. The animals are OK... and he'll take over when I can't feed - he's even surprised me a few times and when I've gotten back after dark, the guys have been taken care of! Love the men in our lives!

Take care!