Monday, December 05, 2011

Z. (Finally...)

Z was supposed to be on the last day of last month.  However, I also wasn't supposed to get a broken leg, either.  Oh, well.


Snif...

Z can take many forms:

Z, as in snoring, from finding out that the meds the doctor gave me are very strong.  (I will be off them soon! HOORAY!!!)

Z, as in shapes.  We've been having a lot of little branches fall from the Oak trees, they look like little lightning bolts.  I am hoping to go out and pick them up when I am feeling a bit better.  Rudee loves to gnaw on them, and I put them out in the field for the wildlife to use for shelter.  (One of the tree loses quite a few...)

Z as in running around, zip and zoom.  Husband is taking Rudee out for runs, and I swear that dog isn't running fast, he's flying low!  He loves to be out, but since I still can't take him out, it is up to Husband, and he is working, so Rudee isn't getting out quite as much.

Z is also for animals.  My Goddaughter likes a toy by the name of "Littlest Pet Shop" (I think that's the name), and I believe she really should become a science fiction writer when she gets a bit older.  She was introducing me to her zebra, Secretariat, (Goddaughter's Mom is a real heavy duty horse person), and she told me it was a waiting for the veterinarian.

Playing along, I asked why, was it sick?

Her reply?

Oh, yes, it was bitten by a vampire, and the veterinarian has to do surgery to pull the fang out of his neck. (She also mentioned that it was a horse that had bitten the zebra, so it would not become a vampire.  I really didn't know vampirism was species specific.  Or that vampire horses had fangs.  The things you learn from preschoolers!)


Ok, that is all I can think of for z, at the moment.  I will probably not blog absolutely every day, but I will try and keep up on it.  And now that I am getting off the meds, (YAAAAAYYYY!!!), I will hopefully be able to read and respond to OTHER people's blogs, with some coherency...

Let's just say, I know that if any of my family was into blackmail, I believe I would be in deep trouble by this point...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are going to be off the meds and hopefully feeling better. I agree with you... I sure do hope that little girl grows up to be a writer. I love science fiction. Species specific... huh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for off meds!

    A zebra named Secretariat. Wow, the imaginations they have. Hope she is keeping you entertained, and that you can take Rudee out soon.

    Glad your family can be counted on.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! What have you to say today?