Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Odd little funnies...

Dateline, New Year's:

Woke to gunshots, lights from fireworks, dogs barking, crackle of noisemakers.  We'd celebrated by kissing about 9 or so, and had gone to bed.  So I listened to the cacophony, then heard Husband mumble something.  I figured he was awake, so I leaned over and said "Happy New Year, Honey", and gave him a kiss.

He opened his eyes, looked completely confused, smiled, then said, "I love you, too, honey, but what did I do to deserve that?"

It was then that I realized he'd been talking in his sleep, and he hadn't heard a thing...


Dateline, yesterday:

I still have to have a little help with my bath, I have a "shower seat".  I have Husband stay in the house, in case something untoward would happen.  I undressed, took my glasses off, (I have horrid vision without my glasses), and got in the shower.  I started to turn on the shower, when I realized there was a spider on the floor of the shower.  I am nearly phobic of spiders, and had nothing handy to vaporize said spider, so I started screaming my lungs out for Husband to get something to kill it.  I think it went something on the order of "GETITKILLITGETITGETITOMGGEEEETIIIIT!"   He ran in, grabbed a shampoo bottle and smacked it on the spider.

It went pif.  He hit it again. Pif...  He then leaned down close, and then picked up the "spider", while I recoiled in unmitigated horror.

"Honey, you were screaming about a rouge yarn ball."  He then showed me the little black ball of felted fluff, that had scared the living daylights out of me...  Husband laughed for at least a few minutes as he threw away said rouge yarn ball...

So much for the big, strong woman...


Eep...  : /

5 comments:

  1. It's okay, we all have our "get it for me!" things that we yell for help with.

    And what a way to celebrate New Years! Tell him the kiss was for all the spiders he got last year, and a bit of prepayment for the ones he will get this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL - What a fun story! That poor, little, innocent, ball of fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is funny. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that was a little embarrassing......especially since it sounds familiar........!
    ~~Rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the spider story. And I'm so glad that we live so far from everyone so no noise on New Years. I remember living in LA and Pasadena with dogs. How scared we all were. No way to celebrate holidays as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! What have you to say today?