So, herein are the rules...
1. Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated!
2. Link back to your nominator. Beverly, of The Beveled Edge. (Go here. Read. Enjoy much, please.)
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
This is always a tough one.
- I am a amateur radio (ham) operator. Not as active as I used to be, but I still jawbone from time to time.
- I dislike the color pink. I really never got into the girly pink stuff. I joked once that I would love to raise money for breast cancer prevention with the tag line "Stamp Out Pink".
- I want to raise camels, but really am concerned that they are BIG. Somehow, a llama just doesn't have the imposing stature...
- I have several bags of llama fiber, but I still haven't made yarn from it, yet. (Well past the proverbial Three Bags Full!)
- I have petted both a cheetah, and held a tiger, for real. The cheetah, full grown, was relaxing with its keeper at Winston Wildlife Safari. I pet it, it licked me. Wet 60 grit sandpaper, ugh... The tiger was about 10 weeks old or so, at a different wildlife place, I was having a ball. Then they said they had to have it back, other people wanted to hold/take pictures of it. The staff person there saw that I was twitterpated, and asked if I wanted to hold another animal. I said sure, she handed me the cutest little whitish thing. What is? I asked. An Albino SKUNK! It had a tiny bit of a musky smell, but was a lovely little baby, fell asleep in my arms, I carried it with me all over the park, (most of the people were freaking out when they found out what it was...) The only problem was, it didn't want to to let go when I had to give it back, and clawed in, like a cat. I had some pulled threads on my shirt, after that. No stink bombs, however...
- I am a sci-fi movie buff... But I like the more 'science/adventure' type movies, i.e. Star Trek. My Husband leans more to 'science/horror' i.e. Terminator. We do have a unique time picking movies, on occasion.
- I found out that when you go through the Canadian Border, and they ask about declaring plants, a package of Delphinium seeds from Butchart Gardens is really not what they mean. The Mountie was very nice when he explained that it was actual PLANTS they were referring to. But, at least they knew I wasn't hiding anything!
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
In no particular order...
Desert Canyon Living
Homestead... From Scratch
The Art of being Conflicted
Now You See Me
Whiles of Willow
Laughing Orca Ranch
Everyday Ramblings from an Everyday Girl
Random Ramblings of a 40 year old.
The Popwell Homestead.
Isobelle Golightly the Beautiful Goat.
I read quite a few, these are some that I read and comment on more often... But probably still not as much as I should. Ahem.
5. Notify your nominees.
Uh, Hi, if your blog is up above in living color, you have been picked. If you wish to play, feel free. If you do not... Snif... Well, I guess... sob... It will be... WAAAAAAAH!
Seriously, if you'd like to continue or not, feel free. I didn't do this right when I recieved it, but thought it was very nice to be picked. Thanks!