Monday, February 29, 2016

For Going Gently's John- Kids!

This post was triggered by a memory when I read it, please read John's post first.

cvs,com
I go to the feed store for a lot of things, and the above item is one of them.  I don't have cows, but the balm is wonderful for chapped hands.  I have had winters where this was the only thing between me and cracked and bleeding knuckles.  

So, I was wandering around the store, checking on supplies, when I picked up the tin of Bag Balm.  A little boy, probably about 4 or 5, walked up and looked at the green box in my hand.  

"Do you know what that is for?"

"I do, I use it for my hands."

His little face scrunched up in a scowl, and he replied "Nuh-UH!  That is for COWS.  We have cows, and Mommy puts that on the cow's titties!  You don't put it on your hands, it makes a mess, it's for TITTIES!"  

This, of course, was spoken in one of those innocent, LOUD kid voices, that had several people turning to look at us.  I held up the box for some validation of my next statement, and said,

"Your Mama is right, we do use this on cows, but I use it on my hands, and then put gloves on, so I don't make a mess."

He started to reply, "But it goes on titties-", when a very, VERY red face Mom swooped in, and grabbed the little guy.

"I am so incredibly sorry, he really didn't need to go into it that much."

I grinned.  "That's okay, he is right, if maybe a little... specific." 

She left quickly, and I think most of the people in the feed store had a good laugh...  I know I did!

4 comments:

Cperz said...

Kids are so brutally honest and they hear and repeat a lot of fun facts. The results are usually very funny.



Sharon said...

That poor mother! (Been there, got the shirt x 5)

stephen Hayes said...

Kids say the darnest things.

messymimi said...

Don't you love running into these kinds of children! They just speak what's on their minds.