Monday, February 29, 2016

For Going Gently's John- Kids!

This post was triggered by a memory when I read it, please read John's post first.

cvs,com
I go to the feed store for a lot of things, and the above item is one of them.  I don't have cows, but the balm is wonderful for chapped hands.  I have had winters where this was the only thing between me and cracked and bleeding knuckles.  

So, I was wandering around the store, checking on supplies, when I picked up the tin of Bag Balm.  A little boy, probably about 4 or 5, walked up and looked at the green box in my hand.  

"Do you know what that is for?"

"I do, I use it for my hands."

His little face scrunched up in a scowl, and he replied "Nuh-UH!  That is for COWS.  We have cows, and Mommy puts that on the cow's titties!  You don't put it on your hands, it makes a mess, it's for TITTIES!"  

This, of course, was spoken in one of those innocent, LOUD kid voices, that had several people turning to look at us.  I held up the box for some validation of my next statement, and said,

"Your Mama is right, we do use this on cows, but I use it on my hands, and then put gloves on, so I don't make a mess."

He started to reply, "But it goes on titties-", when a very, VERY red face Mom swooped in, and grabbed the little guy.

"I am so incredibly sorry, he really didn't need to go into it that much."

I grinned.  "That's okay, he is right, if maybe a little... specific." 

She left quickly, and I think most of the people in the feed store had a good laugh...  I know I did!

4 comments:

  1. Kids are so brutally honest and they hear and repeat a lot of fun facts. The results are usually very funny.



    ReplyDelete
  2. That poor mother! (Been there, got the shirt x 5)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids say the darnest things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love running into these kinds of children! They just speak what's on their minds.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! What have you to say today?