Friday, November 30, 2018

The grand plan for blogging again... Really! Honest!!

So, I have a great plan on getting back into blogging.  Let’s see if it works… 

I figured I needed something to give me the impetus to try for doing daily blogs again, and I was drawing a blank.  Then, after Thanksgiving dinner, we were chatting a little bit about Christmas.  Hmm.

Christmas.
 
Need to get out my Christmas ‘stuff’.  Have to have Husband help me get down all my cups.  My collection of them.  How many do I have, anyway?  Well, as he was getting them down, I have either 27 or 28… So!

I will use that as a jumping off point.  I love Christmas cups, because they are fun, and useful.  So I will work on putting up a photo a day of each cup.  I had one cup I sort of counted as a Christmas cup, I called it “Starbucks' Red”, because I picked up a plain red cup, during that whole controversy on how Christmas-y the cups were, or weren’t, that year.  BUT, the darn thing got a bad chip in it, and so will not count this year for the collection.  Maybe I can pick up a plain red one again sometime in the future.  But the ones I will be showing you are from mildly Christmas-y, to Ugly Sweater, what-was-Santa-smoking Christmas-y, and all in between.

I will blog on the normal doings and nonsense in my life, too, so it won’t just be a picture, but that will at least make me think to do it!  Right?  I hope?? Heh…

The garden is put to bed, all the raised beds that don’t have over wintering items are covered with cloth and leaves, or shred paper.  The llamas are enjoying hay, when they don’t managed to sad eye beg me into giving them chicken feed. 

The chickens are doing pretty well, I lost 4 of the new hatch to a hawk, but it seems to have found someone else to tick off…  Marshmallow had a chick, I called it Jet Puff, it is getting adult feathers, but it is TINY!  I don’t know why, but it is only about a third of the size of the others, and it should be getting some growth.  I don’t know that I care, it seems healthy, and it is feisty as all get out.  I have picked it up to check it, and have yet to get away without being bitten or scratched.  As tiny as it is, that isn’t a horrible fate, but it still gets my attention, if I am not careful.

The cats are fine and fuzzy, family is doing fairly well, and as I think of more things, I will post in the next blog. 

But for now… Good night!

2 comments:

messymimi said...

It's great to see you, and i am looking forward to those cups and tidbits from your life. Scritches to the cats from me.

Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.