Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Well, A Christmas Hello!

First off, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, New Year and all, to all my Blog friends.

So, with any luck I will be able to put this on my blog.  It’s been a unique month, just the business that the holidays bring.  But as far as good intentions, I was defeated by my internet.  Again.  It’s now up to full speed, so we shall see if photos can be uploaded… 

YES! It loaded!!!
This is my “Christmas Day” cup.  Mom bought it about 2 years ago.  It is a neat looking cup, but I found ONE little detail with the design, that I have to be careful of.  If you take a big drink, the fact it’s shaped sort of like a funnel, means all the liquid that is there, is quickly focused on your face!  I have learned this is a sipping cup, not a ‘down it quickly’ cup.  Or, more accurately, it’s a ‘wear it quickly, if you down it quickly’ cup.  But, you know, Christmas Day, it’s a day to slow down, enjoy your doings, (Happy Birthday, Dad!), and relax!

In fact, I don’t help out at the substation, today, or next Tuesday, as both are holidays.  We’ve been joking around the house that I have something of a two week vacation.  I hope to use at least some of my “vacation” to find my craft room again!  It has become the junk storage area, and so, this next bit of time, I am going to start sorting.  I have tried various methods, and I have found the easiest one will be my go to from now on.
 
There are three ways something can go.

Keep, which means I need to find a home for it, put it where it belongs.

Dump, I put it in a box, to give to someone, or give to charity, or just get it someplace where someone can find use for it, since I haven’t.  I joke not, I have some patterns that I am going through, I don’t know why I have them, but they are from the early 80’s, and I am not into 80’s clothing.  So, maybe I can find someone who is, or that needs some nice paper for a birdcage, something.  I just don’t want them sitting about, when I have lots and lots and LOTS of patterns I do want to make. 

Trash.  This is probably the most important container.  Sadly, I make copious use of this one.  Junk mail, bits and bobs, just things that are not craft items, things that are not useful, are broken and haven’t been tossed, even just yarn cuttings that I have accidentally dropped and not picked or vacuumed up… 

So, we shall see what the Great Cleanout unearths.  I have several items I want to use, (sewing machine, 2 spinning wheels, yes, two.  One is over 100 years old, I want to repair it, and see it work again…), and so I need a bit of floor to set said items on…
 
But right now, I am just going to enjoy the day, wish family and friends Happy and Merry…

And probably knit.

Whatever you do, please have a safe and happy day!

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Wishing you and yours a blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas, and good luck with the Great Craft Room Clean-Out! It can be done, and i know you can do it.

Tom Stephenson said...

At last, a picture. Have a nice time.