Thursday, July 11, 2019

Aaaaa-CHOOOO! Yes, it's that time again...

Two allergies.  Dust and hay.  I live in an area where I am surrounded by farms and hay fields, in a valley famous for lawn type grass seed.  (Pot is legal here, I specify.  Actually, I don't know, we might be famous for pot, too, for all I know, but I don't know, at this point, if I am allergic to it... Sigh.)

I really like this time of year, because of the plants growing tall and strong, but I sound like a very snorfl-y puppy most of this time, because of hay season.  The hay is cut, knocking all the pollen and dust in the air.  Swept into rows to bale, then baled, and carried off.  These each throw stuff about to make my nose twitchy.  And I love to be outside.

I garden. Snorf.  I walk. Sniff. Pet the cat. Blurfsnif.  Talk to the neighbor after haying. Ah-choo!

So enjoyable. Not...  But, it's a nuisance, not life threatening, so I just carry an extra hanky, and deal.  The weather is changing, we normally have way hot weather right now, and the hay can stay in the fields for a bit.  The old adage, "Make hay while the sun shines"?  Yes, the hay is being stored away, because we are due for rain, which will ruin the hay.  One farmer even offered a bonus to the folks helping him get the hay put up, so he wouldn't have it rained on.

The rain, with the warm?  We get mold around here quite a bit.  You know what ELSE that I am allergic to?

Yep...

Excuse me while I go wash some hankies...

(Oh, and if you have a 7-11 store near you, today is free Slurpee day.  One of my more enjoyable kid like vices...)

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Sweetie has allergies and when he starts a sneezing fit, it can go on for 20 minutes. We haven't figured out what he's allergic to, but it doesn't really matter, he sneezes like that off and on all year.

We do not happen to have a 7-11 near us, it would be nice.