Saturday, August 10, 2019

Princess and the pauper pusses.

(I suspect it would be hazardous to say that title three times fast... At least for anyone close by!)

Ding and Buzz have worked out an agreement, I think.  She of the fine and fancy (Ding) who still, I suspect, thinks she is a dog, has decided that Buzz is not a threat, and will even peek through the door and touch noses with Buzz. 

She of the rough and ready (Buzz), seems to consider her a goofy aside.  She will mew at Ding, give her a quick sniff, then walk to the food bowl, and ignore her.  Ding, thankfully, has no interest in Buzz's food, so that hasn't been an issue. 

We haven't been taking Ding outside as much, she has been acting spooked, and has become an Ace at getting loose from her lead.  I really think she needs a chip, she bolts, and I might as well have her tied with one strand of spider silk.  She will just slip the lead, and run.  So... No outside at the moment.  We do put a place for her to sit by an open, screened window, so she gets to see out, and she gets to 'say hi' to Buzz, but that's it.  Ding is terrified of the chickens, Buzz, she is cautious around them, but not scared.  I think she is more making sure they don't mistake her tail for a snack...

I tried, when it was very cold here, to bring Buzz in.  BIG mistake.  She cried, and ran straight to the door, and then flew outside, then turned and glared at me for the horrid thing I'd done... eep.  So, they will probably never be roommates.

So, the two of them seem to enjoy the specific niche that each is in, and I guess, that's the way it will be.  I really never thought I would have an indoor cat, (Husband has allergies, but he takes meds, and it is fine, so far, knock wood), but moreover, having two cats that are as soooo different from each other.  One is a cat's kitty, the other is a queen fluff of all she surveys.

And,  I love 'em both.  Leave it to me to get the yin and yang of the cat world, though...

2 comments:

messymimi said...

You are blessed. Not only does each enjoy her own little world, they pretty well get along. Trust me when i say, it's not always that way in this world.

Cat said...

Yes, considering we have a black cat that wants to run off Buzz... >:( The neighbors have adopted him, so he isn't around as often, but they still fight. Sigh. But these two, it's just funny... (I think Ding still thinks she's a dog...)
Cat