Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Sheriff's spare.

Getting ready to go do the faire thing, again.  I will be helping a friend this year that lost his wife.  I think he should be okay, his kids will be there, (even the one who doesn't like faire all that well), and I think most of the faire folk will be within earshot, as he is a very popular, and cared for member of the event. 

So, to that end, I asked Husband to get the trailer out and I could do some cleaning, and basic packing, (things like blankets, clothes, stuff that can keep for a bit, and I don't have to drag out at the last minute.)  He said sure.  I told him I needed to clean out the drawers, cupboards, and the "trunk"*.  I mentioned that I would have to see what was IN the trunk, if anything was around the spare tire.  Husband looks up, and says, no, the tire isn't in there anymore. 

It's not?

Don't you remember? We took it out when we changed the tires, and I carry the spare in the truck that I bought from the Sheriff?

Guh?  Noooo...

Wait... 

Yeees, I do think I remember you saying something about that...  Husband had gone to the Great and Mighty Craigslist for a spare, and this gent had one.  He showed up, and had mentioned that he looked familiar, and the Sheriff chuckled and said that he got that a lot.  After introductions, Husband and Sheriff (he had retired) had a nice long chat, and he bought the tire.  (I suspect my husband could have a polite chat with dang near anyone.  Me?  If I have a purpose, like when I doing the receptionist gig, I am fine.  General polite chit chat? Not so easy...)

So, now my trailer has the "Case of the Sheriff's Spare", to go all Perry Mason...




* I call it the trunk, because it's in the back and the bottom of the trailer.  It's just a big containment area, that's accessible from the side, and the inside, of the trailer.  And, like a trunk, it has gobs of stuff to keep the trailer usable, from jacks, to containers for liquid...

1 comment:

messymimi said...

The Sheriff's Spare is going to be a story for years to come.

Hope the faire turns out well this year for everyone.