Saturday, September 07, 2019

Changing password. PITA...

Sooo, I was checking some of the security on my computer 'stuff', and realized I hadn't changed my password in some time. 

So, I decided to change my password from password to 12345678.*  Should be simple, right?

HA!

I start the change, realize I've not typed the password two times, so it has me go back.  Fine. 

Oh, now I need to do a second form of verification?  All right, phone, great.  Waiting.  No call...

And the thing times out, while I am scratching my head, wondering where the verification code is.
It shows up about 30 seconds later.  I have managed to get the silly thing locked up.   It wasn't even letting me put in the code.  Try in a few hours, it said.  Sigh.

So I wait.  Finally, it releases.  I *quickly* got the verification code, again.  And put it in.  So... Did it work?  ...

Yep!  More than a little chaos and confusion, but I now have a new password... Whew!





*
(Yeah, no.  That is a joke, and for anyone reading, PLEASE don't use either of those!!!)

4 comments:

messymimi said...

For me, if i didn't write the password down, the new one does not exist. Then i have to try to reset it again!

Dreaming said...

I haven't figured out why changing passwords has to be such a PITA... but you are right - it is! Pure and simple! (Well, I guess that's why... passwords are not pure and simple!!) My next dog is going to be named "Password"!

Cat said...

Oh, yeah, been told I shouldn't write down passwords. Then they tell me not to reuse passwords. Well, I won't reuse them, but to that end, I need to write them down!!!
Cat

Cat said...

I think it's because the computer has to redo the information, and since it's a security thing, it has to make it a fight, thinking that you have to work for it, you will actually be the owner. I guess. Or, it's just a pain in the patoot. Either one. Poor pup, I don't know if that's a compliment or a threat! But, they do try to protect you... :)
Cat