Tuesday, September 10, 2019

The junk drawer blog post.

Lots of little things, but didn't have enough to make a long post, so there might be a few little non sequiturs, but things that I can get onto the blog...

I guess the fiber we should be getting for the computer is SLOOOOOOOOWLY happening.  I had been under the impression it would be here by the time school started.   Um. No...

But...

It was about 90 or so, and humidity was hideous, when I went out.  There was a gent looking at the power poles, and he had a contract sign on the vehicle.  I asked what he was up to, and he told me he was finding out if the poles could handle another line, he thought it was BigGreenLogo company.  I said, well, we are supposed to get fiber from LittleLocalnet... He shrugged, well, uh, whoever it is, yes, that's what I am checking for.  I let him know about the two "oddball" lines near our property, he thanked me, and I went back in the house.  I pitied him needing to do that... But it does sound like they are working toward us having... Something! 

I had my Dad over the other day, and he was glancing over across the couch.  I asked what he was seeing, and he said it was my "eruption light" with a grin.  I think that's a cooler name than lava lamp, myself!  But I think the original probably has a better foothold...  :)

My cat Buzz did an odd thing.  This was intentional, as far as I can figure, but I've never seen a cat do it before.  I had been playing with her, and she must have wanted me to pet her belly. (That is the one cat that I have never seen object to a belly rub.  Most only tolerate, or in a few cases, try to tear off as many fingers as they can filet...)  Anyway, I was petting her neck, all the sudden, she dips her head, and does what I can only call a forward somersault, landing upside down on her back, where she then pulls my hand to her belly.  (Which is a hazard, for me, she has very, VERY sharp claws!) And after a VERY careful extraction of my hand, she did indeed want said rub...

It is the 10th, I believe, of September.  I have given up complaining about how early items for holidays show up in the stores.  But I came into the substation... And someone had decorated the front counter with Witches, candles, and all the nonce that would show Halloween.  Bleah.  I moved them to the side counter, I am sorry, October first, sure.  But geez, I find it just a bit early... Plus, I am not fond of spiders, which was also in the mix. Ick. Meh...

I have been working on changing my diet, no chocolate or Coke, as they trigger my Rosacea.  I am surprised.  The chocolate hasn't been much of a problem... But, boy, oh boy, it is really a nuisance, I have wanted a Coke, several times.  And having other sodas just doesn't quite cut it.  I must say, it's helped.  I think the "Flexitarian diet" that I have been on, has helped, too.  But sometimes, I just want a Coke and a bag of Cheetos.  But I don't.  Sigh.  

Ok, that's it for cleaning out the junk drawer...

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Let's hope they really are well on their way to getting you the service promised.

Yes, a cat will pull your hand in and let you know where the petting is needed, and some can be quite forcible about it, too.