Thursday, September 26, 2019

The throne room. With a new throne!

Well, it isn't pretty.  The potty in my bathroom was working, sort of.  It was not nice, even after scrubbing, and even pumice stones (!), I couldn't get it to look 'clean'.  Less dirty, perhaps, but it was a mess.  And it would tend to plug up, and try to run over, if you weren't paying attention.  This made potty business a very attentive activity.  You do NOT flush and walk off.

And the sad part is, Husband's toilet was worse.  I would clean, and it looked like I'd done... nothing.  And his would run, continually.  He finally figured out a way to flush and get it to stop, but I didn't have the magic touch, so would have to let him know if I used his toilet. Otherwise whatever time elapsed, we'd hear the sound of running water in the toilet.  Thank goodness we don't have city water, or we'd owe a king's ransom by this point!

But it was not pleasant, it was not good, and it did nothing for the pump, or the house.  So, Husband got the thought that we should get new toilets. 

Okay. Cool.

We trotted off to Orange Hardware, and after losing him, (ironically because I needed to use the bathroom), I found the right aisle for toilets.  He was looking at many, many toilets.  I stood and knit a hat nearby, amusing many shoppers.  (Someone made a comment about a toilet cover. Uh. Nooo... 😄)

We finally agreed on a toilet, and after scaring up some help for him to get it in the pickup, off we went home. 

He started removing my old toilet, which led to Ding getting 50 kinds of curious.  She wanted to be there.  It worked out all right, as he put her over on the mat. (Her 'place', as it were, and she was able to watch, and for the most part, not be in the way.)  He had all out, then we locked Ding in the bedroom for a minute, as he shuttled old toilet parts out, and brought new toilet parts in.  Amazingly, she didn't try playing the bongos on the door during all this!

He was worried about the toilet being not the right size, as the spot for it in my bathroom is narrow, and the pluming is right near the wall.  Well, it worked!  So, he put all the parts together, and  we buttoned everything up, the next morning he checked for any leaks or drips.

NONE!!!  :)

So he put caulking around the base, and I now have a new throne!

God Bless the Queen?

The one and only drawback so far, is the sound.  Remember I said the old one would try and run over?  The new one, when it flushes... Sounds like the old one when it runs over!  This has made me pay attention. 

I will get used to it... But heck, it works!!!!


1 comment:

messymimi said...

Ah, the sound -- you can't have everything. Enjoy your new seat in the library! (That's what our family always called it because of the plethora of reading material in there.)