Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Panic attack!

Poor Buzz.  She comes to the side door to get her dinner.  We have a cat, formerly a stray, now the neighbors have adopted, that is an extreme jerk.  He will run up and pound on her with no warning, and tries continually to corner her.  I am not a big one for hurting animals, but I ended up having to hit him with a rock to get him to lay off her and leave.  I had no gloves, or I would have grabbed him bodily... Sigh.

 But we don't leave the food out now, we feed her, when she leaves, we put the food away.  It's a pain in the butt, but it works, we rarely see the other cat. (The one I called Midnight, by the way...)

So, she has become used to calling for us at the side door, and we come out and feed her.  This works well for all involved.  Ding even comes to the door, and Buzz will come over, they touch noses, and all seems well in the land of Kittycat. 

Until about 2 days ago.  Buzz decided Ding was being friendly, and for whatever unknown reason, Buzz just walked in the house.  I decided not to close the door, as she is NOT a house cat.

I was spot on with that thought.  She rubbed up against Ding, who looked very confused, and then Buzz actually registered.  Hey, I am in the house.  THIS IS TERRIFYING!!!  LET ME OUT YESTERDAY! 

Launch!

She yowled, then scorched out of the house like her tail was on fire, Ding ran to the door, looking even MORE confused, why did my new friend leave?  She just got here!

I managed to keep Ding from running out the door, Buzz was long gone, and I quickly closed the door. Ah.  All is back to "normal"... 

Except now Buzz stays WAY back from the door when it opens.  Guess you can't be too careful when you are near the doorway of...

Whatever she thinks it is... 

2 comments:

messymimi said...

It sounds like quite the odd adventure for all of you!

Cat said...

I am just glad I thought to keep the door open, I don't know how fileted I would be trying to catch her in the house!
Cat