Saturday, November 23, 2019

Cats, young and... Older. And dogs.

Ding is an "only child" in the house.  She still isn't great buds with Buzz, but Buzz is very laid back, and so they do get along.  Still, I keep wondering, if we could get a friend for her. 

I had thought of a kitten.  She goes bananas when she hears a kitten, on TV or when we have the computer playing a video.  But a video is not a kitten, and I wonder if she would be upset to have a tiny furball, when she has been Princess 'o the House for all her time...

I had thought of a small to medium dog, too.  She grew up with dogs, A Dachshund, and a Retriever, as I remember, so she thinks she's a dog.  Loved Rudee, wanted to run and play with him all the time. 

So I suggested something small.  We eliminated Chihuahuas, neither of us are fond of them, Jack Russells are a maybe, if we got one as a puppy, as they can be a pain, and some don't like cats.  I suggested a Pomeranian, and Husband got a funny look on his face, and said something to the effect that we would need to buy a new house after the play sessions! 

I think "mutt" might be the way to go, as long as we get one that likes cats.  I don't think we will be getting any new pet any time soon, but it's fun to think about.  Actually, so are kittens...

Oh, and we eliminated Great Danes, Marmaduke is fun in the comics, but the first time I have a problem with an animal that's the size of a pony, in the house?  No.

Just...  No.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Remember to get a full grown mutt if you go that route. We've all seen the pups that were only supposed to get "this" big.

Cat said...

We *almost* had that problem when we adopted Rudee. We had thought about adopting another cute little thing, and nearly had him out and ready to go, when they told us it was a Mastiff Boxer mix. OMG. Nooooo... I want a pup, not a horse!
Cat