Thursday, November 14, 2019

Leaf the decorating to me!

Well, I guess my blog friends know that I drive a Nissan Leaf.  When they came out, they actually had a leaf in the logo.  Well, they have removed said leaf. Which annoyed me greatly.  You can't get a Leaf in green, and no leaf in the logo? Poo. 

What to do... 

So, I had a leaf charm that was a necklace piece.  That is hanging from my mirror.  But with autumn, I keep picking up leaves, and putting them on the dashboard.  And these cars have a fairly substantial dash board!  So, I have some maples, an oak, an apple leaf, and one that I am still trying to figure out what is.  I also want to put one of my bamboo leaves in, but haven't done so yet. 

But, while they are nice, they don't last a long time.  They are more or less built to disintegrate, and as I use the vents, they dry out, and occasionally get blown on the floor... Leading to leaf bits, as I usually don't notice until they end up being crunched underfoot... Ooops...

And green leaves, just don't seem to do well... They either fade and go away, or in one case, left a gooey bit of a mess.  Just not what I had in mind.

So I remembered I have a pattern for a knitted oak leaf.  I stared looking on line.  There are both knitted and crocheted leaves, and I do both crafts.  I have oodles of color threads, greens, variegated, fall colors, so I could make a whole forest of colors, and types of tree leaves. 

This will have to be a January project, however.  Right now, I am working on at least 3 different projects for Christmas gifts, so I have to get those finished, then I can switch to 'selfish knitting' for a bit. 

Which, of course, gives me more time to find leaf patterns to print out, and get put in a folder to knit/crochet!

And be-leaf me, I think this will be a fun project!!! I will tree-t it with respect!!! 

(Ducking and hiding from PUN ishment...)  😆


2 comments:

messymimi said...

Love the puns, and i will leaf it to you to post a picture of some of your creations once you get to them!

Cat said...

I will be pining away to put up photos! I am fir-lorn that I can't do so now! :D

Cat