Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Oh, no? They are?!???

Husband and I have found texting to be a terrific way to send notes.  If I am outside, I can either tell him if I need something, or he does, and what we are doing, if we can't find one another.  This has helped a lot, because you'd think it would be hard to find one another, but we have had a few of those old movies, where she goes to A, he goes to B, she leaves A to go to C, while he runs to A, and on and on...  The texting allows me to ask him to stay put, dangit wait where he is, so I can get to him...

BUT.  Texting can have a downside.  I was going to do a bit of planting for spring.  I received a bunch of daffodil bulbs, and wanted to get them in the ground... Where I wanted to put them, I had to walk by the chicken house.  The chickens were all sort of gathered around the waterer, looking dejected.

Uh, oh. 

Sure enough, I walked over, and the waterer was empty.  Sigh.  So, I text a quick note to Husband, that the chickens were out of water, and I would be filling the tank.*

Or, that's what I thought I'd written... 

I  finally filled the tank, started the water for them, got Mon Ami and Gypsy to get back in with the group, (they have figured out how to get out, and I am going to have to invest in some new fence, or close off the group to the front, they are walking down the darn road, like that other rooster did!)

So, anywho, I finish up, walk in the house, and Husband is looking at his phone, grinning from ear to ear, and says, "Warranty?  Didn't know they needed one.  Do we need an extension?  How many miles per chicken?"

I was truly wondering what the blazes he was talking about.  He then pointed to my text...

The chickens are out of warranty, and I need to fill the barrel for them.

Uh, yeah, no...

But, it gave us a good laugh, after my confusion cleared up... I know I can cancel autocorrect, but I find it useful when I am not sure how to spell a word. Must say, however, it does lead to some... Unique conversations...



*I do this, as we have the outside water turned off, and I would have to enter and exit the house several times.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

There's a website dedicated to autocorrect mishaps. Mine is turned off, i got tired of telling it over and over that yes, i really do want to type the word "the" and not "they".

Cat said...

I tend to 'argue' with mine, it's sort of given up in defeat. If you write a certain word, like five-ish, on my phone, it will underline it on mine, but not correct it at this point.

I use that to tell Husband I will be back in about five-ish (minutes), and that gave auto correct a headache, but I believe the AI behind it is now just going, crap, it's her again...

Cat