Thursday, November 07, 2019

Pun alert...

Husband and I took a vacation to the coast... We were driving through Depoe Bay, and there are beau coup stores.  One had a huge sign, reading GLUTEN FREE CLAM CHOWDER. 

I read the sign aloud, then commented that I wondered how they were able to make it gluten free.

Husband blandly replies, "well, they take all the little clams, and cut off their glutes... "

I must say, that was an image and a half!

We had a pretty good time, but poor husband had a head cold right as we left.  We couldn't change the date of our vacation, so the first day or so was just resting, with him asleep on the couch most of the time.  We did go out and explore, later, but I ended up getting said head cold, albeit a minor case.  Just enough to make me sniffy, and tired.

So, maybe better luck next time.

But, we did get a good laugh, though.  And a great view of the coast.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! And i will bet they used potato starch (or similar) to thicken the soup, instead of flour.

Cat said...

That would be my guess. I thought corn starch, but potato would work better, considering the end product...

Cat