Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Surprised, and pleased!!

(Note:  I had said on the Thanksgiving post that Grandma had died.  Mom said it was when my Grandpa died. Sorry about that...  The pizza was still good, though...)

Came into work today, and there was a black bag on the volunteer's table.  Not unusual. We leave things for one another, one of the gals and I trade plants, bulbs, and occasionally yarn.  Some of the others have different items they might send one to another, books, something that was in an oily box... ?  Anyway, it's not that strange.  Still give it a once over, to make sure it's not anything stinky, (I had to move a lovely flower arrangement one time, because after about 10 minutes I had a headache that wouldn't quit...), and if there's anything that shouldn't be there for whatever reason...

So, I look, and since I have to open up the place, I just glance to see what the note on it is.  My name?  Huh!  Okay, check in a minute... Get the place open for the day, and back...  So, what is this little bag?

I look in, and one of the Deputies had left me a bag 'o things.  The bag itself is a backpack type thing, you can carry wet items in it, if need be, but it's a quick go bag, basically.  Inside was a cup that I could quite easily have a serving of soup, or just about my morning ration of tea.  And some pens, and what not.  I think it's giveaways from a meeting he went to, from some of the business cards and papers I saw inside.  There is also a folder that is one of those kind you can use as a writing surface.  That I can use!  Well, some of the other stuff, too, but especially that!

I thought that was pretty cool.  I try and let the guys know I appreciate them, it's nice to know that it's returned. 

And I put a thank you note on his desk, too!  :)

2 comments:

messymimi said...

What a kind thing to do, and good for you, leaving a note right away! Mothers everywhere approve.

Cat said...

I try to, it's always nice to know things are appreciated...

Cat