Saturday, February 15, 2020

Someone hates me, I think... Hic.

I have mentioned before that I use texting a lot to communicate with Husband.  Between not knowing where on the place he is, and a hearing problem, we have found that it is a great deal easier, when it's written down, so to speak.

Or, so you'd think. 

I was trying to let him know about something happening in the house, and I wasn't sure where he was.  And then it happened.

Hic. Hic. Hic... urk.  Go drink some water.

HIC! Noooo... More water...

Oh, no.  I randomly get hiccups, but this one was a DOOZY!  I tried, and tried to write a message, but with the hics making me jerk slightly, and a tiny screen with letters to randomly poke, my message might as well have been written by some alien species of  hyperactive Chihuahuas. Or Pomeranians... 

I finally decided to just write Come Here.

That took me about 3 tries, the closest I managed was "Cone heret".

Mercifully, Husband walked in as I was working on deleting the mistake, and I think, seeing how many swear words I could fit in between chirpy sounding hics. 

If I say nothing else about Husband, he does know when it's dangerous to laugh!  I managed to tell him what I needed to say, and after yet MORE water, (I was sloshing, by then), and holding my breath until I thought I would turn purple, I managed to knock them down.

So, until next time, safe texting... 


2 comments:

messymimi said...

You have tickled me this morning, i hope you don't get hiccups again any time soon.

Cat said...

Well, at least one good thing from nasty hiccups...
;)

Cat